|“|| Jaha: Tell me what it’s like.
Abby: It's...everything I dreamed. So much green. There are trees everywhere. And water. And the air. The air smells...it's sweet. It’s so beautiful. Thelonious, you should be here."
|— about Earth|
The surviving 100 attempt to escape from the incoming attack. However, when one of their own is killed by Grounder scouts, they are forced to hunker down in their fortified camp. Clarke tries to save a dying Raven, while preparing for battle. Bellamy is forced to make a difficult decision regarding Octavia. Jasper races against time to save them all and Finn makes a bold and dangerous move. Meanwhile, the remaining 1,000 citizens of the Ark prepare to return to Earth.
Guest Starring Edit
- Bellamy: "Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave."
- Finn: "Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy. It's stupid."
- Bellamy: "Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight."
- Clarke: "We can't do this without you, Bellamy."
- Bellamy: "What do you want me to say, Clarke?"
- Clarke: "I want you to say that you're with us. Those kids out there, they listen to you."
- Bellamy: "They're lining up to go. They listen to you more."
- Clarke: "I gave them an easy choice. But five minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them. And I'm afraid we're gonna need that again before this day is through."
- Bellamy: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're not a gunner."
- Octavia: (holds up a sword) "No, I'm not. Like you said - I'm a Grounder."
- Thelonious (to people in the Ark): "No one said that this will be easy, ladies and gentlemen. Just that if we don't try it we all die."
- Miller (to Bellamy about Octavia): "She left five minutes ago - didn't say where to. She thinks she's a damn samurai."
- Raven: "Guess we finally found something you're not good at. (pauses) I used to be picked first for everything - Earth skills, zero-g mech course....first - every time. So how the hell did I end up here?"
- Clarke: "Hey....Raven. I'd pick you first."
- Raven: "Of course you would. I'm awesome."
- Jaha (about Earth): "Tell me what it’s like."
- Abby: "It's...everything I dreamed. So much green. There are trees everywhere. And water. And the air. The air smells...it's sweet. It’s so beautiful. Thelonious, you should be here."
- Kane: "Salvation... comes at a price."
- Bellamy (to Octavia): "I told you my life ended the day you were born. The truth is, it didn't start until then."
- Clarke: "We are not Grounders."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- On screen graphics identify Alpha, Arrow, Factory, Hydra, Mecha, Tesla, and Go Sci stations as major parts of the Ark.
- Intercom voices identified: Hydra, Mecha, Factory, Arrow, & Power Stations. "Power Station" may be an alternate name for Tesla Station.
- The related Closed Captions read: Mecha, Orchid, Flint, Hydro, & Aero. While it is not certain if "Hydro" = Hydra, and "Aero" = Arrow; having separate stations with names so similar would defy most logic.
- However, if someone counts all of the names of the stations listed above (Alpha, Arrow, Aero, Factory, Hydra, Hydro, Mecha, Tesla, Power, Go Sci, Orchid & Flint) they will count a total of 12 stations, which is the amount of stations that created the Ark. If this turns out to be true, it implies Mir-3 & Shenzhen had their names changed after the formation of The Ark.
- There is a Brazilian flag painted on the side of Mecha Station as shown when Abby and Kane go outside.
- The Mountain Men appear to be armed with FN Herstal SCAR-L assault rifles which (apart from the laser sights) have FN EGLM grenade launchers attached.
- The camera feed in Clarke's cell, shows "C. Griffin". This means the Mountain Men know who she is.
- According to an interview with Jason, there are 48 Delinquents in Mount Weather at the end of season one.
- This means that 28 delinquents (including Drew) died in the conflict.
- Numbers: 18 (deaths before), + 28 (deaths after) + 48 (in Mount Weather) + 6 (delinquents unaccounted for) = 100 delinquents
- The 6 unaccounted for delinquents: Octavia, Finn, Murphy, Sterling, Monroe, and an unnamed delinquent.
- Bellamy and Raven are not counted as part of the original 100.
- In the last scene of the remaining parts of the station, the Ark is not rotating, yet in a previous episode it was stated by Chancellor Jaha that the rotation created the gravity. However, he is not floating when he should be.
Body Count Edit
- Two Delinquents prior to them leaving the camp (mentioned in death total by Bellamy).
- Drew is killed by a Grounder scout.
- Unknown number of Reapers were killed fighting against the Grounders
- 27 delinquents were killed during the battle.
- At least 300 Grounders were killed during the battle.
- Unknown number of Sky People died when their stations exploded or crashed trying to reach Earth.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- On screen graphics show "Projected Landing: 37.5020° N 79.000° W" A rural location southwest of Amherst, Va. (between Earley Lake and the James River), around 160 miles south of Mount Weather.
- The painting hanging on the wall of Clarke's room in the Quarantine Ward is The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh.
- One of the real world functions of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center is to save the most important fine art in the event of a nuclear apocalypse.
- The painting depicts the view from Van Gogh's asylum room.
- This season started with Clarke drawing a starry night on the floor of her cell on the Ark. The final scene of the season is Clarke in a cell with The Starry Night on the wall. Jason Rothenberg stated that this was intentionally done to "bookend" the season.
- The Mount Weather Quarantine Ward, "CAM 62", observing "C. Griffin", counted down from "06:27:02:34:02" to "06:27:02:25:44".
- The smallest timer unit is sixtieths of a second, implying a 60 frame per second High Frame Rate camera.
- The second largest unit would thus usually be hours, but reads 27.
- The Mountain Men may not possess a solarium to calculate the hours based on the sun so they could have thought of a new timeframe early on in the 97 years inside Mount Weather.
Production Notes Edit
- This episode aired on June 11, 2014.
- "We Are Grounders (Part 2)" was watched by 1.68 million viewers and had a ratings/share of 0.5/2 in the key 18-49 demographic.
- The Special and Visual Effects Team of the episode was also nominated for an Emmy Award on July 10, 2014.
|The Other Side||The Golden Age||Woodkid||Purchase|
|Exit Music (For a Film)||OK Computer||Radiohead||Purchase|
See Also Edit
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/100-finale-boss-classic-finale-710952
- ↑ Creator Jason Rothenberg on Jaw-Dropping Season Finale, buddytv, June 12, 2014
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/06/12/wednesday-final-ratings-motive-adjusted-up-no-adjustment-to-the-100/272798/
- ↑ http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2014/special-visual-effects-series