|“||Anger is our policy.||”|
Watch the Thrones is the fourth episode of the third season of The 100. It is the thirty-third episode of the series overall. It aired on February 11, 2016. It was directed by Ed Fraiman and written by Dorothy Fortenberry.
- Clarke: "Commander, what is this?"
- Lexa: "This is a coup."
- Nia: "This is the law. Her law. A unanimous vote of the Ambassadors or death are all that can remove a Commander from power."
- Clarke: "It's not unanimous."
- Nia: "We don't recognize the legitimacy of Skaikru."
- Titus: "We do. Yesterday, Skaikru took the brand. They are the 13th clan. This vote of no confidence fails. All these coup plotters will suffer the same fate as the Ice Queen."
- Nia: "None of us here wants war."
- Lexa: "We both know what you want, Nia. If you think me unfit to command....issue the challenge. And let's get on with it."
- Pike: "So when do we strike back?"
- Abby: "We don't. The Ice Nation took credit for the attack and the Commander will bring them to justice."
- Pike: "So, now we're trusting Grounders to punish Grounders? I'm sorry Madame Chancellor, but I lost more than half of my remaining people yesterday. And four times the many since we landed. In my experience, Grounders understand one thing - strength. It's simple, we need to hit them now, we need to hit them hard. Leave no survivors..."
- Kane: "There's nothing simple about this. This attack by the Ice Nation was against Lexa. Not us."
- Pike: "So, are you saying this isn't our fight?"
- Kane: "I'm saying we were collateral damage in someone else's war."
- Pike: "But is not someone else's war anymore. Look, if we don't defend ourselves, they will take what we have. That's what they do. Mark my words - the Grounders are coming for us."
- Abby (to Kane about Pike): "After the election tomorrow, he's your problem."
- Octavia: "Jasper, what's wrong?"
- Monty: "He's not going to the Mount Weather memorial."
- Jasper: "It's a little late for a Mount Weather memorial, don't you think?"
- Lexa: "See. Nothing to worry about."
- Clarke: "I'm sorry if the fate of my people lies in the hands of a child."
- Clarke: "You don't stand a chance against Roan."
- Lexa: "You've never seen me fight."
- Clarke: "No. But I saw him kill three men in the time it took the first one to hit the ground."
- Lexa: "If you're right...today is the day my spirit will choose its successor. And you need to accept that."
- Clarke: "Like hell I do."
- Nia: "When you kill Lexa, your banishment will be over. In the wake of your victory, our people will be more powerful than ever. That will be your legacy and your legend."
- Roan: "Don't pretend you do anything for me, mother."
- Nia: "You're right. Everything I do is for Azegeda. But, what's good for Azegeda is good for you. (offers him her sword) If you won't fight for your mother or your Queen. Fight for your clan. I want her head."
- Roan (to Clarke): "Is that death I hear stalking me? Or just the Commander of Death?"
- Clarke: "I want you to become the King. I know you've thought of it. She was willing to let you die. Willing to let you be banished. I know you just want to go home."
- Roan: "When I win today, I will."
- Clarke: "For how long? How long until your mother finds another reason to cast you out? To sacrifice you. No one can cast a King out of his Kingdom."
- Roan: "I can't do it. My people will never take me back. But, I can help you do it."
- Abby: "We're all grieving. This has been hard on all of us. But, we can't let anger drive our policy.
- Pike: "Anger is our policy."
- Pike: (to Arkadia residents): "We do not attack our own. Fighting each other only makes us weak. The enemy is not in this camp. The enemy is out there."
- Clarke (to Nia): "My priority is with the living. Not the dead."
- Clarke: "Titus is right. You're giving her exactly what she wants."
- Lexa: "Only if I lose. I know you're just trying to help Clarke, but there's nothing you can do here."
- Clarke: "I can't just let Roan kill you."
- Lexa: "If that is to be my fate...you must. You're driven to fix everything for everyone. But, you can't fix this. I have to do this on my own and you have to let me."
- Clarke: "I won't just sit there and watch you die."
- Pike (to Bellamy): "Every life we honored at the memorial was lost because we trusted a Grounder."
- Monty: "For three months I watched you torture yourself and everyone around you. Mostly me. But I'm done being your punching bag. Either you pull yourself together and get on with your life, or you fall apart alone."
- Jasper: "Are you done?"
- Monty: "I miss my best friend."
- Jasper: "He died that day too."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The episode title was revealed on December 10, 2015, by Linda Ge on Twitter.
- The episode title was named after the Kanye West and Jay-Z album "Watch The Throne".
- This episode marks Devon Bostick's 25th episode on The 100.