FANDOM


  • So as we know the titles for episodes 9 & 10 were recently released, and I'm kind of worried the creators chose bad titles in the case of giving too much information away. Episode 9 titled Sic Semper Tyrannis translates to the overthrow of a tyrannical leader. Immediately upon learning that I thought that Octavia has become a tyrannical leader, and the people try/do overthrow her.

    Then upon hearing that episode 10 is titled the last I got thinking more. What if after they overthrow Octavia they have a trial or something like that, and in the end she is sentenced to death and dies in the episode the last. Also after looking back and seeing episode 8 is titled acceptable losses, I began to think that if Octavia leads her people into a battle against the new prison ship survivors and they loss a lot of people. Afterwards Octavia could say that they needed to die for the mission or something like that, which causes the beginning of a rebellion.

    Now I sort of like this idea, but also don't cause it seems too similar to the pike storyline. Also if this is the case I think the creators made a huge mistake by giving these episodes the titles they have. I have advocated in the past that one of the Blake siblings shouldn't survive till the end, but if this is the case I feel they made it a little too obvious. If Octavia does die this way, I don't think I'll care because it was hinted at too much. This would annoy me because I really like Octavia, and hope this isn't how she dies exactly.

    Let me know what you think do you think the titles could be hinting at Octavia possibly dying this season or am I reading too much into it which I hope I am.

    Also as a side note do you think that the creators revealed too much about the upcoming season, because I was looking under the trivia for season 5 and feel certain things should have been kept a surprise.

      Loading editor
    • The creator of the show says that Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia are the three "hearts" of the story, so unless one of the actors decides to quit the series, it's unlikely their character will be killed.

        Loading editor
    • I honestly hope that is not true because I strongly believe that one of the Blake siblings should die before the end of the series. I hate the idea of all three of them being the heart we only need one. Besides a show like this shouldn't have a lot heart these are people surviving the apocalypse. This show should be bloody dangerous and a little dark like the walking dead.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like if they did kill of Octavia, the show would lose a lot of people and could potentially endanger the show's future and it would be very upsetting since it's very obvious that "Sic Semper Tyrannis" is refering to Octavia.

        Loading editor
    • Tacoman999 wrote: I feel like if they did kill of Octavia, the show would lose a lot of people and could potentially endanger the show's future and it would be very upsetting since it's very obvious that "Sic Semper Tyrannis" is refering to Octavia.

      I completely agree it's way too obvious. I agree 100% right now Octavia shouldn't die this season. However I still stand by my opinion that one of the Blake siblings should die before the end of the series.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:

      Tacoman999 wrote: I feel like if they did kill of Octavia, the show would lose a lot of people and could potentially endanger the show's future and it would be very upsetting since it's very obvious that "Sic Semper Tyrannis" is refering to Octavia.

      I completely agree it's way too obvious. I agree 100% right now Octavia shouldn't die this season. However I still stand by my opinion that one of the Blake siblings should die before the end of the series.

      I just found this on Octavia's trivia (the two very last trivia entrys)

      • Hinted by Jason Rothenberg that Bellamy would not like the way Octavia has been leading the Wonkru.
      • Jason Rothenberg hinted that fans will be surpised of where Octavia will end up in Season Five.

      This just supports the "Sic Semper Tyrannis" theory. At the end of Season 4, Bellamy believed that Octavia was a good leader but know it's saying that Bellamy doesn't like how Octavia is leading Wonkru. The second statement says that Rothenburg hints that fans will be suprised where Octavia will end up in Season Five. Sounds like a death to me. This is pretty much proves Octavia's death and it's honestly giving me chills thinking about the devestation that will follow.

        Loading editor
    • Tacoman999 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote:

      Tacoman999 wrote: I feel like if they did kill of Octavia, the show would lose a lot of people and could potentially endanger the show's future and it would be very upsetting since it's very obvious that "Sic Semper Tyrannis" is refering to Octavia.

      I completely agree it's way too obvious. I agree 100% right now Octavia shouldn't die this season. However I still stand by my opinion that one of the Blake siblings should die before the end of the series.

      I just found this on Octavia's trivia (the two very last trivia entrys)

      • Hinted by Jason Rothenberg that Bellamy would not like the way Octavia has been leading the Wonkru.
      • Jason Rothenberg hinted that fans will be surpised of where Octavia will end up in Season Five.

      This just supports the "Sic Semper Tyrannis" theory. At the end of Season 4, Bellamy believed that Octavia was a good leader but know it's saying that Bellamy doesn't like how Octavia is leading Wonkru. The second statement says that Rothenburg hints that fans will be suprised where Octavia will end up in Season Five. Sounds like a death to me. This is pretty much proves Octavia's death and it's honestly giving me chills thinking about the devestation that will follow.

      That is the point I'm trying to make. All of this points to Octavia dying. On one hand I'm angry at Jason and the creators for giving us so much information that it could be looked at as a spoiler. On the other hand maybe they know fans won't like Octavia dying so they're revealing all this information hoping that if fans know she's going to die it will soften the impact her death would have had. Honestly I would be fine if they killed Octavia off, if it was done right. Creators can't be afraid to kill off big characters, because of possible fan backlash. The walking dead does it all the time, but at the same time growing other characters to take their place of fan favorites when they kill off a big character. This is something I believe that the 100 fails miserably at, because they kilt of possible fan favorites so quickly you can barely remember their names after the fact or they are just rarely ever used.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like it’s definitely a possibility of one of the Blake’s dying but if I had to choose one it would probably be Bellamy knowing how much he cares for his sister he might save her and lose his own life for her. I also believe that Bellamy and Clarke still may become a thing and it’ll be a devistating deaths towards both people.

        Loading editor
    • 2600:387:5:804:0:0:0:7D wrote: I feel like it’s definitely a possibility of one of the Blake’s dying but if I had to choose one it would probably be Bellamy knowing how much he cares for his sister he might save her and lose his own life for her. I also believe that Bellamy and Clarke still may become a thing and it’ll be a devistating deaths towards both people.

      I've been saying one should die before the end of the series and I say it's 50/50 between the two of them. Bellamy sacrificing himself for Octavia would be great, plus I don't think Bellamy and Clarke should be together so it eliminates that possibility. I also feel like if Octavia dies because Bellamy failed to protect her would be great and show how brutal the world is.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I don't think they would dare kill Octavia. She's too important a character!

        Loading editor
    • ArdenceOfAFreeBird wrote: Yeah I don't think they would dare kill Octavia. She's too important a character!

      I think for that very reason they should. If everyone thinks Octavia is safe just because she is a fan favorite, and then boom she dies. It shows how not everyone is safe, said that the creators have guts.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:

      ArdenceOfAFreeBird wrote: Yeah I don't think they would dare kill Octavia. She's too important a character!

      I think for that very reason they should. If everyone thinks Octavia is safe just because she is a fan favorite, and then boom she dies. It shows how not everyone is safe, said that the creators have guts.

      It's also very dangerous and the show could lose viewers which The 100 needs if we are gonna see a Season 6.

        Loading editor
    • Tacoman999 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote:

      ArdenceOfAFreeBird wrote: Yeah I don't think they would dare kill Octavia. She's too important a character!

      I think for that very reason they should. If everyone thinks Octavia is safe just because she is a fan favorite, and then boom she dies. It shows how not everyone is safe, said that the creators have guts.

      It's also very dangerous and the show could lose viewers which The 100 needs if we are gonna see a Season 6.

      Yes but just by looking at the views of the finale they would need a massive jump in viewership for season 6. I like the show too, but looking at it realistically we might want to start facing the reality that this could be the last season.

      A lot of big popular shows aren't afraid to kill off big characters like TWD. Also by killing off a big character like Octavia could spark a rise in viewership. Get people talking and draw back in viewers.

        Loading editor
    • dude you gotta stop saying this needs to be more like TWD... I'm a huge fan of both myself, but TWD comes from an R rated graphic novel series with a TV-MA designation on a far more adult-tuned channel (AMC). The 100 is adapted from a children's book series on the freaking CW (aka. America's teen drama network, possibly behind Freeform or MTV, but sure up there). Airing in the late slot, they already get away with as much gore, darkness, and violence as they possibly could. If, say, they were to transition to a TNT style network or even AMC if they turn more adult as the 100 age, they could take said darker tone and shoot bigger shots, but right now, they're doing what they can with what they have, much like Wonkru lol. Also, you want to kill a main character just because people like him or her? So are you George RR Martin's son, brother, or just another groupie? Cuz the whole kill the main characters" bit is soooooo played out in the last 3 years...

        Loading editor
    • Personally, I'd never watch the show again if Octavia was killed. Wait till the end, force a season 6 if needed, but with a new villain, they won't resolve ALL the series issues in 16 episodes, especially with flashbacks and the bunker story taking so much time. Make this about getting past the prisoners and getting out of the bunker, and make season 6 the final battle between those who support Wonkru post-apocalypse 2 and those who leave the bunker and return to their original clans (kind of like the onboard people versus the final naysayers). They could even make 6 shorter, like season 1, in terms of episode number if they can't fill all 16 in 6. Banshee was one of the best shows I've ever seen and wrapped up the series with a nice little 8 episode mini-season bow at the end. That may be a great way to end the 100 as well, shorter, concise, and tying up ALL loose ends, leading us to believe humanity either survives or fights itself to death.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not saying that the show needs to be like TWD just that it had potential to be as good as TWD. TWD is an example of a great post apocalyptic show, but The 100 is just ok in my opinion.

      Yes AMC is more of an adult themed channel, but networks shouldn't be scared to air more gritty tv after 8 (aka prime time) Look at Chanel's like NBC with the blacklist or CBS with criminal minds they are middle area Chanel's but still mange to do both gritty shows and family shows. The CW did/could be a middle area Chanel but they choice to cater more to teens.

      For example Valor looks like it would be a Great War/gritty show but I've never watched it due to fear it's another teen drama.

      Killing off main characters shouldn't be an issue as long as they introduce new interesting and exciting characters to take their place. Sure you will always have fans that are mad that their favorite isn't on the show, but that's the risk you take. True fans don't bail on a show even if their favorite is killed off. I'm not sure if Octavia is dying it's just a theory.

      If I were the creators I'd have Octavia train or mentoring a grounder or arker leading up to her death. One she died we'd follow that character as a new main character. This way fans would still have an a piece of Octavia and a reason to follow this new character as she avenges Octavia. Look at the walking dead they've killed countless fan favorites and they are still a great show. Sure they've lost fans, but true fans don't leave their favorite shows.

      I hate to be Debbie downer but if you look at how low the ratings were for the season 4 finale it'll be a miracle if they get a season 6. Unless they get a massive rise in viewership this season which is unlikely due to ratings continuing to drop this could be the last season. I mean you have to look at it practically a network isn't going to keep a show that's barely pulling in a thousand viewers over a show drawing in drawing in a hundred thousand viewers.

        Loading editor
    • Well guys I think the fact that we have discussed this issue so much makes me believe that they will intentionally not kill Octavia. When have the creators ever followed what we speculated. They just amaze us by doing whatever they do. And overcoming all our speculations. We wanted a broken Clarke, they made her Wanheda and Comander. We wanted a sad Jaha, they gave us an evil savior. We wanted a pregnant and grieving Octavia, they gave us a Warrior Queen. We just have to wait and see how they will amaze us this coming season as they always do.

        Loading editor
    • Predicting how we expect a character to act is different from predicting if a character is going to die. For example last season I predicted Jasper would die and he did.

      I wouldn't say that the creators amaze us they just rush story or do time skips so we don't see our characters broken which we should see. We definitely needed a broken Clarke not wanhada but we didn't get that due to the time jump. I don't believe we needed a sad Jaha, he needed a reason to live so we got the philosophical Jaha which I really like ALIE and finding the city of light became his purpose resulting in him becoming ALIE's preacher. I wouldn't say he was evil he was just being controlled by an evil confused person. As for Octavia she should have been grieving but they rushed her story and forced her with Ilian so we never got to see her grieving. Also she NEVER should have been pregnant it didn't fit the story that's just something fans wanted.

      One thing I really hope we see in season 5 is a broken Kane after the culing last season. They still can do it with flashbacks and if not I no longer have faith the show can properly show broken or grieving characters. However again I still believe there is a chance one of the Blake siblings could die this season.

        Loading editor
    • If i had to pick one of the Blakes to die it would be Bellamy.   Octavia is the current Commander, she will be under alot of pressure and she will learn first hand what Clarke and Lexa had to do.   The sad truth is that they end last season to try to reset the show, the ratings are down badly and have been droping since they kill Lexa. 

      Kane yea he suffering though another Culling and i hope they show how it effects him. The only thing that should give him some peace is that he used Clarke list to do it.

        Loading editor
    • The tweet that Bob sent out pretty much confirms that Bellamy could die. In terms of Octavia being safe due to her being commander isn't entirely true. Leaders always have a target on them no matter what. Look at the episode title for episode 2. Red Queen could stand for Octavia being Queen but also the red could mean she's taken extreme measures to keep the peace meaning killing many people. Also the episode title sic sempter tyranus translates to the downfall of tyrants. Maybe Octavia has become a tyrannical leader and the people try/do overthrow her and sentence her to death. Then the episode The Last could be a reference to Octavia's last appearance meaning she could die in episode 10.

        Loading editor
    • After killing Lexa and Lincoln in Season 3, the viewers in Season 4 dropped DRASTICALLY. I think they already learned from their mistake, if they killed Octavia, who appears since Episode 1, viewers will half, its like a suicide.

      And by the way, when the Director sais "You will be surprised on where Octavia will end in this series", I think he knows we will all think he is dying, thats why its surprising, cause she is NOT dying. Although the Episode 9's title Sinc Semper Tyrannis, I think it refairs to her, but not to kill, maybe she gets banished (Murphy Season 1) or dissapears when everyone thinks she is dead (Clarke Season 4), or maybe its not even refairing to her, maybe from Episode 1 to Episode 9, there is another Commander/leader.

      But if I'm wrong and Octavia does die, and they do a Season 6, I won't even think in watching it, it will be forgotten for me.

        Loading editor
    • 88.18.61.71 wrote: After killing Lexa and Lincoln in Season 3, the viewers in Season 4 dropped DRASTICALLY. I think they already learned from their mistake, if they killed Octavia, who appears since Episode 1, viewers will half, its like a suicide.

      And by the way, when the Director sais "You will be surprised on where Octavia will end in this series", I think he knows we will all think he is dying, thats why its surprising, cause she is NOT dying. Although the Episode 9's title Sinc Semper Tyrannis, I think it refairs to her, but not to kill, maybe she gets banished (Murphy Season 1) or dissapears when everyone thinks she is dead (Clarke Season 4), or maybe its not even refairing to her, maybe from Episode 1 to Episode 9, there is another Commander/leader.

      But if I'm wrong and Octavia does die, and they do a Season 6, I won't even think in watching it, it will be forgotten for me.

      Yes viewership dwindled but I believe it also had to with the storytelling cause the writers really suck on this show. The writers need to grow a pair and kill off fan favorite characters like Raven, Murphy, and Octavia. Really great shows would take the risk and kill off important characters. I know I compare the shows a lot if this was TWD or a show like it characters like Raven, Murphy or one of the Blake siblings would be dead by now. We'd then learn more about characters like Miller, Harper, Indra and Roan. Due to the fact they have kept so many season 1 characters and it's now season 5 we should see a completely different cast of main characters. If I was showrunner going into the upcoming season the only original characters that would still be alive would be Clarke, Kane one of the Blake siblings and Murphy. Then the rest of the main cast would consist of characters we've never seen or recurring characters that would eventually become main characters.

        Loading editor
    • "My Sister, my responsability"

      Octavia is not dying, Bellame maybe (I hope he doesnt though)

        Loading editor
    • 88.18.61.71 wrote: "My Sister, my responsability"

      Octavia is not dying, Bellame maybe (I hope he doesnt though)

      Like I've said on a show like this nobody should be safe especially Octavia. I think I'd be so tragic if Octavia died because Bellamy failed to protect her. Plus I'd be a great reminder of how cruel the world is. Also Bellamy dying protecting his sister would be a great way to bring his story full circle plus it'd be a great poetic death.

      Me saying one of the Blake siblings should die is just my opinion you don't have to agree with me.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:

      Tacoman999 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote:

      Tacoman999 wrote: I feel like if they did kill of Octavia, the show would lose a lot of people and could potentially endanger the show's future and it would be very upsetting since it's very obvious that "Sic Semper Tyrannis" is refering to Octavia.

      I completely agree it's way too obvious. I agree 100% right now Octavia shouldn't die this season. However I still stand by my opinion that one of the Blake siblings should die before the end of the series.
      I just found this on Octavia's trivia (the two very last trivia entrys)
      • Hinted by Jason Rothenberg that Bellamy would not like the way Octavia has been leading the Wonkru.
      • Jason Rothenberg hinted that fans will be surpised of where Octavia will end up in Season Five.

      This just supports the "Sic Semper Tyrannis" theory. At the end of Season 4, Bellamy believed that Octavia was a good leader but know it's saying that Bellamy doesn't like how Octavia is leading Wonkru. The second statement says that Rothenburg hints that fans will be suprised where Octavia will end up in Season Five. Sounds like a death to me. This is pretty much proves Octavia's death and it's honestly giving me chills thinking about the devestation that will follow.

      That is the point I'm trying to make. All of this points to Octavia dying. On one hand I'm angry at Jason and the creators for giving us so much information that it could be looked at as a spoiler. On the other hand maybe they know fans won't like Octavia dying so they're revealing all this information hoping that if fans know she's going to die it will soften the impact her death would have had. Honestly I would be fine if they killed Octavia off, if it was done right. Creators can't be afraid to kill off big characters, because of possible fan backlash. The walking dead does it all the time, but at the same time growing other characters to take their place of fan favorites when they kill off a big character. This is something I believe that the 100 fails miserably at, because they kilt of possible fan favorites so quickly you can barely remember their names after the fact or they are just rarely ever used.

      who the fuck are you ok i know this is just full of opinion but most of you sound dumb if you say octavia should die then you should stop watching if you are going to be haten on my girl and i agree with what tacoman999 that they would lose a hell of a lot of people if they cut them out. for goodness sake they can kill murphy and his girlfriend and maybe even clarke and her  mother BUT NOT THE BLAKE SIBLINGS now i get that the show wouldn't be anything with out clarke but honsetly i DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK if she dies so all of you can shut the hell up til you know what yall talking about and/or til you see the goddamn season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • "This is something I believe that the 100 fails miserably at, because they kilt of possible fan favorites so quickly you can barely remember their names after the fact or they are just rarely ever used." Sorry but hardcore fans still remember Wells, Finn, Lincoln, Hanna Green, Lexa, Illian, Roan, Luna, Jasper etc... and we still cry each time, but we still watch the series knowing and hoping that others will carry on. We need these others to stay. It does not mean we forget those gone, yet we do not want a whole new cast. It would negate the fact that some people will die and others will survive. A fully new cast would mean there is no hope for survival. There should be some characters who will be in the opening credits of the first and the last episode of the show to keep hope alive in the hearts of fans. I do not think that we should say if other shows do something, then it should be done on this show. This is a dark show, but it is also a show about survival and hope. That is what keeps it going.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not saying we need a whole cast just less season 1/original cast members. Characters like Murphy, Raven, Abby and Jaha should have died by now. The way I see it is when you have new characters built up where they have a connection with the dead character you still have a piece of that passed character because the survor maybe learns that characters philosophy and cares if with them. Also the survivors are still working on achieving the passed characters goal so hope is not lost. This is a show about people surviving the apocalypse not everyone should automatically be safe like Octavia and Bellamy. This show shouldn't end with everyone surviving because realistically not everyone would. Also this show is no way dark if it was jasper would have committed suicide the way JR had originally planned.

      If you don't like that I think that one of the Blake siblings shouldn't survive the series then don't come here to a conversation where some might agree. If you disagree that's fine but I ask you please be civil and please don't don't curse me out just because my opinion and theory is something you don't agree with or like. These are my opinions and theories and everyone is entitled to theirs just don't come on here and say f you to me if you don't agree. I welcome disagreement cause it's a way you change me to look at your side. However if you come here and course me out then I will go to the admin cause your not making this a welcome space for me or others.

        Loading editor
    • I've been pretty much under the impression that Octavia's invincible from the start of the season... it's getting to the point where I just skip the scenes where she's "in danger".

        Loading editor
    • When it gets to the point where people don't watch the episodes in which it could be a possibility a character dies because they already know the character is safe is the point where the show fails.

      You need tension and suspense but when you have a character get stabbed and fall off a cliff and survive which realistically would NEVER happen it destroys the suspense and tension. Especially when they reveal at the end of the episode that the character survived.

      This show is notorious for ramping up the tension and leaving episodes on cliffhangers only to reveal in the next episode everything and everyone is ok and survived.

        Loading editor
    • I think JC is right that one of the Blake’s do need to die, mostly because I don’t think their relationship can grow anymore. And because of the direction it took last season, it seems obvious that it’ll be Octavia who goes down.

      Bellamy spent s4 learning how to let others (specifically Octavia) go and make their own decisions, and that he can’t take on the responsibilities of others’ choices. “my sister, my responsibility” is dead. So it’d make sense that this season Bellamy’s gonna have to make a choice, and for the first time in his life, it ain’t gonna be Octavia.

        Loading editor
    • 107.0.149.241 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote:

      Tacoman999 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote:

      Tacoman999 wrote: I feel like if they did kill of Octavia, the show would lose a lot of people and could potentially endanger the show's future and it would be very upsetting since it's very obvious that "Sic Semper Tyrannis" is refering to Octavia.

      I completely agree it's way too obvious. I agree 100% right now Octavia shouldn't die this season. However I still stand by my opinion that one of the Blake siblings should die before the end of the series.
      I just found this on Octavia's trivia (the two very last trivia entrys)
      • Hinted by Jason Rothenberg that Bellamy would not like the way Octavia has been leading the Wonkru.
      • Jason Rothenberg hinted that fans will be surpised of where Octavia will end up in Season Five.

      This just supports the "Sic Semper Tyrannis" theory. At the end of Season 4, Bellamy believed that Octavia was a good leader but know it's saying that Bellamy doesn't like how Octavia is leading Wonkru. The second statement says that Rothenburg hints that fans will be suprised where Octavia will end up in Season Five. Sounds like a death to me. This is pretty much proves Octavia's death and it's honestly giving me chills thinking about the devestation that will follow.

      That is the point I'm trying to make. All of this points to Octavia dying. On one hand I'm angry at Jason and the creators for giving us so much information that it could be looked at as a spoiler. On the other hand maybe they know fans won't like Octavia dying so they're revealing all this information hoping that if fans know she's going to die it will soften the impact her death would have had. Honestly I would be fine if they killed Octavia off, if it was done right. Creators can't be afraid to kill off big characters, because of possible fan backlash. The walking dead does it all the time, but at the same time growing other characters to take their place of fan favorites when they kill off a big character. This is something I believe that the 100 fails miserably at, because they kilt of possible fan favorites so quickly you can barely remember their names after the fact or they are just rarely ever used.

      who the fuck are you ok i know this is just full of opinion but most of you sound dumb if you say octavia should die then you should stop watching if you are going to be haten on my girl and i agree with what tacoman999 that they would lose a hell of a lot of people if they cut them out. for goodness sake they can kill murphy and his girlfriend and maybe even clarke and her  mother BUT NOT THE BLAKE SIBLINGS now i get that the show wouldn't be anything with out clarke but honsetly i DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK if she dies so all of you can shut the hell up til you know what yall talking about and/or til you see the goddamn season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      YAAAAAS I THINK THE EXACT SAME AS YOU BLAKE 4 EVER

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote: When it gets to the point where people don't watch the episodes in which it could be a possibility a character dies because they already know the character is safe is the point where the show fails.

      You need tension and suspense but when you have a character get stabbed and fall off a cliff and survive which realistically would NEVER happen it destroys the suspense and tension. Especially when they reveal at the end of the episode that the character survived.

      This show is notorious for ramping up the tension and leaving episodes on cliffhangers only to reveal in the next episode everything and everyone is ok and survived.

      DUDE CAN YOU PLEASE SHUT UP? WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE OCTAVIA, AND THAT'S RESPECTED. BUT WHAT I DON'T RESPECT IS THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE OCTAVIA WILL DIE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID THEORIES, MAYBE THEY ARE TRUE BUT MAYBE THEY ARE NOT, AND YOU ARE JUST CAUSING CHAOS IN THE FANDOM, WORRYING MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE THEIR FAVOURITE CHARACTER MAY DIE.

        Loading editor
    • Look this is just my theory/opinion. Also where'd you get that I hate Octavia cause I don't. I'm pretty much independent about Octavia I don't hate her but I don't love her. If you don't like my theory or opinion maybe you shouldn't come to this thread where people are discussing the possibility of Octavia dying. I'm not trying to convince anyone of my opinion/theory I'm just stating what we know so far and basing my theory of off that. I am allowed to have a theory and opinion and I should be allowed to discuss with others if they think it will happen.

        Loading editor
    • 88.26.164.204 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote: When it gets to the point where people don't watch the episodes in which it could be a possibility a character dies because they already know the character is safe is the point where the show fails.

      You need tension and suspense but when you have a character get stabbed and fall off a cliff and survive which realistically would NEVER happen it destroys the suspense and tension. Especially when they reveal at the end of the episode that the character survived.

      This show is notorious for ramping up the tension and leaving episodes on cliffhangers only to reveal in the next episode everything and everyone is ok and survived.

      DUDE CAN YOU PLEASE SHUT UP? WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE OCTAVIA, AND THAT'S RESPECTED. BUT WHAT I DON'T RESPECT IS THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE OCTAVIA WILL DIE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID THEORIES, MAYBE THEY ARE TRUE BUT MAYBE THEY ARE NOT, AND YOU ARE JUST CAUSING CHAOS IN THE FANDOM, WORRYING MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE THEIR FAVOURITE CHARACTER MAY DIE.

      I’m not sure you realize the point of a discussion thread. Or maybe you missed the part where this one specifically is “is octavia going to die in season 5”. If a discussion about that happening or not bothers you to the point that you have to tell someone IN ALL CAPS to stop discussing it then... maybe pass on this particular thread? Or just act like an adult and don’t dictate what theories other fans can and can’t discuss. I promise you, JCB is not causing chaos in the fandom, they do that all on their own just fine. And even if he were then if they honestly can’t handle other fans theories and opinions then they shouldn’t be on the internet. It’s a television show, it’s ok to talk about it without having a break down.

        Loading editor
    • I honestly love her, but I think, that we need some more tragic in this show. And I also think, that people who stop watching show, because of character’s death, are pathetic und stupid.

        Loading editor
    • 46.174.232.134 wrote: I honestly love her, but I think, that we need some more tragic in this show. And I also think, that people who stop watching show, because of character’s death, are pathetic und stupid.

      I completely agree this show always seems to play it safe when it comes to killing off characters. Yes people who stop watching because their favorite character dies are not true fans of the show. They are just fans of that actor/character and should go support them on whatever project they do next. That's one reason why I hate the Lexa fans.

        Loading editor
    • Don’t think it will happen because she is one of the hearts of the story and if she dies they might loss a lot of viewers

        Loading editor
    • 2605:3E80:D00:10:0:0:0:11A1 wrote: Don’t think it will happen because she is one of the hearts of the story and if she dies they might loss a lot of viewers

      So you think that Clarke and Bellamy are safe too ? I used to think that but it's The 100 .... Jason loooves unexpected storylines and deaths. Killing one of those would be risky but who knows ?

      But if Octavia becomes too dark then maybe her death won't affect the viewership.

        Loading editor
    • If I had to guess, I'd say that if she returns to her normal self, she will live. If what episode 1 indicates to me is true, that she's gone batshit crazy, thinks she's above other people and will probably pick a bunch of fights, then yeah, she's gonna get herself killed. For example if she tried to hurt or kill Echo, someone's gonna have to either force her back in line or kill her outright. Hopefully she learns her place.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:

      Killing off main characters shouldn't be an issue as long as they introduce new interesting and exciting characters to take their place.

      Agreed. But this is where the series fails. All the important main characters where introduced in season 1. Slightly relevant roles afterwards are blunt and not very deep and they don't make it more than a few episodes (Lexa, Roan, etc).

      I don't see any new interesting (and lasting) characters coming, because we don't get any the last sesons

        Loading editor
    • 217.94.247.97 wrote:

      JCB95 wrote:

      Killing off main characters shouldn't be an issue as long as they introduce new interesting and exciting characters to take their place.

      Agreed. But this is where the series fails. All the important main characters where introduced in season 1. Slightly relevant roles afterwards are blunt and not very deep and they don't make it more than a few episodes (Lexa, Roan, etc).

      I don't see any new interesting (and lasting) characters coming, because we don't get any the last sesons

      Yes it should be. We're only at season 5 it's okay that there are still 6 original main characters. Yes they should introduce new characters but those ones should not replace the older ones. Look at Echo and Emori they are here since season 2 but they became more important little by little and that's what interesting about them (especially Emori). If you get to season 6 and there is only one original characters still alive then it's like if it's not the same show anymore. I personally don't think TWD is a great show because of that. At the end of season 8 only the protagonist remains and although there are also new characters that I like, this feels like it is not what I liked and watched the show for. Of course people need to die, but I think one or two mains per season as they do in The 100 is perfect. Also they don't kill everyone from season 1 because then what is the point of making us like and fear for them if they ultimately end up dying !? Plus they're characters, you know. There are humans, not dolls you can throw out anytime you want (and we are supposed to believe we could be where they are). And I don't think comparing The 100 and The Walking Dead is a good thing. First, in The Walking Dead, we just follow the group and are supposed to stand with them whereas The 100 is based on moral dilemmas. Second, in The Walking Dead, everybody ends up dying at some point. And that is not a good thing because "death is not death". It's like if it was a game for the writers. I understand that they need to keep the risk of dying really high but I think they went too far. Also, new interesting characters could be Gaia, Madi, Ethan, Charmaine, Zeke, Kara, McCreary, ... I mean of course some of them will die this season but honestly others won't.

        Loading editor
    • Octavia is currently the most interesting and dynamic Character. She also is the 100 who lives the grounder culture. After they killed Lexa they cant affort to loose the grounder angle or they loose viewers. The only scenario might be when clarke becomes the new bloodreina. Her character has still mor potential, like what happens to her if Bellamy dies. The Bellamy arc could be taken over with Murphy. So dont kill Octavia or you loose large parts of the fans.

        Loading editor
    • 217.149.170.115 wrote: Octavia is currently the most interesting and dynamic Character. She also is the 100 who lives the grounder culture. After they killed Lexa they cant affort to loose the grounder angle or they loose viewers. The only scenario might be when clarke becomes the new bloodreina. Her character has still mor potential, like what happens to her if Bellamy dies. The Bellamy arc could be taken over with Murphy. So dont kill Octavia or you loose large parts of the fans.

      Same goes for Bellamy. He's the male lead and a fan-favourite (and it looks like he's the most loved character). Kill him and you kill the show. Same goes for Clarke. Octavia's very very dark this season and many people are tired of her. And the Bellamy arc can't be taken over with Murphy simply because isn't a leader. Not even close.

        Loading editor
    • I think Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia should stay until the end. Jason said himself that they were the heart of the show so it would be weird to say that and then kill one of them. However killing Octavia seems probable this season but I hope they won't do it because then they would loose a major "side" of the show (also she's my favorite character, but even though Bellamy and Clarke aren't I don't think they should kill them either). Now it seems that Raven has been "promoted to the heart of the show" this season because she had a promotional poster for herself, and I don't mind at all because it seems obvious that she is becoming more important every season and each group on the show often has Clarke, Bellamy or Octavia in it but actually in 5x04 she's alone with Murphy so that makes sense, however I don't know if they would kill her, and I think they shouldn't too like for the 3 others. Everyone else is in danger but not them in my opinion

        Loading editor
    • All I know is that when Octavia fell over the cliff that time, and i thought she was dead, I BAWLED my eyes out! I didnt know I cared so much about her life. So no..... I dont think she should EVER DIE. She will pass the tyranny. I have hope. Many people have changed thus far. Some for the better, some for the worse. I would hope the writers would be smart enough not to forshadow her death too obviously. I looked back at the episode Finn was killed in, and they didnt give that one away, so my faith stands strong! 

        Loading editor
    • Episode 8 was titled "Acceptable Losses" Because of what Octavia said about releasing the worms into the valley. It has nothing to do with if she may or may not die. How we get to Peace, Title of episode 9, is quoted from Clarke and Dioza. Episode 10 is not titled "The Last". It is titled Warriors Will or something of the like. Bellamy poisoned Octavia to release Clarke and save everyone. I do not think we have to worry about Octavia dying.

        Loading editor
    • 217.149.170.115 wrote:
      Octavia is currently the most interesting and dynamic Character. She also is the 100 who lives the grounder culture. After they killed Lexa they cant affort to loose the grounder angle or they loose viewers. The only scenario might be when clarke becomes the new bloodreina. Her character has still mor potential, like what happens to her if Bellamy dies. The Bellamy arc could be taken over with Murphy. So dont kill Octavia or you loose large parts of the fans.

      Octavia is Bloodriena because her blood is red, she is the red queen. Clarke will not become commander I believe if anyone it would be Madi

        Loading editor
    • I don’t think she will. But if she does, I feel like it will be in a bid to save her people and she will be filled with guilt and regret. Not saying she needs to feel that way that’s just what I would picture happening, and I feel like she will be with either Bellamy or Clarke when it happens and I feel like her last words would be; “I was wrong... there are still people worth saving... just not me.”

        Loading editor
    • Out of all the female main characters, I want it to be Octavia who dies the most. Speaking of which, anyone else noticed they haven't actually killed off a single female main in any of the five seasons? 

        Loading editor
    • As long as they don't kill off Clarke or Bellamy people will still watch the show. Honestly they should kill off Octavia. They have turned her into an a-hole like they did with Jasper. It's too bad because I, along with my family who have watched the show since day 1 used to love both characters. I think it would be cool for Indra or Bellamy to kill her. It would make things interesting moving forward.

        Loading editor
    • She will not die. I saw a post on Instagram giving us some of the main cast for season 6, and Marie's name is on there so we know Octavia doesn't die. Along with Clarke and Bellamy. Those are the only 3 I can remember.  

        Loading editor
    • 86.158.246.22 wrote:
      Out of all the female main characters, I want it to be Octavia who dies the most. Speaking of which, anyone else noticed they haven't actually killed off a single female main in any of the five seasons? 

      Lexa died, she wasn't a main character but a lot of peopled loved her. 

        Loading editor
    • Riverdalers wrote: She will not die. I saw a post on Instagram giving us some of the main cast for season 6, and Marie's name is on there so we know Octavia doesn't die. Along with Clarke and Bellamy. Those are the only 3 I can remember.  

      That doesn't mean anything they could have just posted a fake.

        Loading editor
    • I saw that post too, though it's not actually confirmed to be the real list. The source of the information was from pure guesswork as it turns out, nothing official has been released. The only way we're going to know for sure who is in Season 6 is to wait just over another week, and the finale shall make it evident.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message