FANDOM


  • Slowly realising that The 100 has made a mess so gigantic and continues to pour salt on old wounds, it must be the most controversial show on air to date. Maybe it is never going to repair itself. Is it time to go?

      Loading editor
    • I feel like The 100 is in the process of coming back. S4 reminds me of a much darker S1. Now our characters have grown up quit a bit. They've experienced death, both at their hand and other circumstances. They expierenced a need to survive rather than the wanting of freedom. All of these characters  have had to make hard choices and it has made them better and worse.

      it was heartbreaking to watch Lexa die, but I'm hoping that this show will get back what it had in ealier seasons as well.

        Loading editor
    • For me, the show just got better after Lexa died. I never really liked her and just wasn't that interested in the whole Clexa/Polis thing in the beginning of season 3. It took away too much time from the delinquents and Arkadia, which was and still is a lot more interesting for me to watch + Clarke just went downfall from season 2 to 3, when she was with Lexa.

      I'm loving season 4 so far, and I can't wait what it brings in the future.

        Loading editor
    • To both of you who are "loving" season 4 so far, my advice to you is look at the plummeting ratings, start to realise that the show is performing the worst it ever has, and come back with real logic behind those answers other than you hate Lexa, lesbians in general, and or ship Bellarke. When you do, the horror of this situation may finally dawn on you.

        Loading editor
    • ^

      1) The ratings really dropped?

      Anyway, even if that's true, it doesn't mean the fan base shrinked. Many people watch online nowadays, so you still have to take those ratings into consideration. Besides, you might have those spoiled brats who are still boycotting watching the show live but still watch it a way that won't affect ratings. I assume most of that crap is gone by now, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few vocal parts of the fandom are trying to hurt the show while supporting it from the sidelines.


      2) If somebody doesn't like Lexa, that's a reasonable answer as to why they think the show is better without her around. I am most certainly not one of those people (I loved Lexa), however, some people didn't enjoy her story arc or character. To those people, she was just hogging screen time that could have been used for a storyline they enjoyed.

        Loading editor
    • ^^ First of all, I don't give a crap about ratings. If I enjoy the show, I watch it, simple as that. I don't need to know, how many watch the show.

      Anyway, it's funny how you say that I hate lesbians, when I'm bisexual myself, and that I didn't like Lexa, because she was one... Come on, not all people like same characters as you and there can be other reasons for it than homophobia or racism.

      And for Bellarke, I don't ship that, sorry. I guess you think that everyone has to ship Clarke with Bellamy, if they don't like Clexa. Well, sorry, it's not like that.

      Again, I continue to watch it, because I enjoy it. You can make your own decisions.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah the ratings have dropped, apparently this is the lowest starting point The 100 has ever been at. No unfortunately it is actually very true that lots of people are switching off. On the internet it is everywhere band 5 people I know told me it is just not the same without Lexa and now they arevwatching Riverdale. The storyline has gotten very pie in the sky though, have to admit that I feel like it is also chespening Clarke, she ain't no Katniss anymore. Most viewers that are left actually are Bellarkers or people that support them. I watched the first two episodes and hoped it would be manageable but it was really hard to watch. Not sure if this is the end for me too. Sorry guys, it is alarming but this show has gotten into hot water it can't get out of, at least not unless they makes drastic changes asap. And you really should be worried about ratings, Lexa practically became the ambassador of this show after all. Or more aptly, she commanded it. Without the captain it is a sinking ship right now.

        Loading editor
    • Okay let me just say that ratings are going down because of its content not quality. Jason Rothenberg,the director, had stated that season 4 is its final season. The story line is being a bit dragged out and that's why I think in the finale everyone will die but so far what I see in season 4 I like a lot. I dont really feel that Lexi dying would have brought ratings down. The fact that now there is this huge thing that will end the world again it doesn't matter where they take the shows story line cuz most likely, they're all gonna die. So again I feel ratings are dropping because after all we know the world is gonna end anyways so what does it matter where the story line goes.

        Loading editor
    • ^ What I've heard is that Jason wants an another season after this and that he is pretty confident about getting it. Also some have said that the finale of season 4 is left kind of open, so that they could continue to season 5, if they get it.

      But I don't know, if this is true

        Loading editor
    • Zaeiria wrote: ^ What I've heard is that Jason wants an another season after this and that he is pretty confident about getting it. Also some have said that the finale of season 4 is left kind of open, so that they could continue to season 5, if they get it.

      But I don't know, if this is true

      Yes Zaeiria I heard that exact same thing on Hypable when he was interviewed but cocky might be a better word. At the end of the day it is up to the tv network and the viewer and it is judged by the ratings. Jason might have plans for season 5 but his show has kinda stopped competing. And DGAVV98, you really have no clue how big Lexa was do you? She actually has made an international name for herself and that's from people knowing her without even watching the show. Killing her was like killing Katniss Everdeen. Sorry to be the one to break the news but it is both the new content of the show and losing a gigantic name like her that has sealed its fate.

      I hope if Jason does have plans to extend it that he will fix his mistakes. And letting her die with no comeback was a big mistake. But I actually think he will learn. I think he would when this season is over, really consider bringing her back.

      Also, another slightly worrying thing is that Jason is said to be joining up with DC comics guy Greg Berlanti to create a new CW show called 'Searchers'. It is described as being a bit like Stranger Things and revolves around a brother and sister. If this is his new baby, splitting his time between this and The 100 is going to likely damage it more, the exact same thing happened with the quality if The Walking Dead because of Fear the Walking Dead, loads of people were complaining. I don't know but it does sound like Jason has prepared for the worst case scenario. And if his new show does take off, then that's it.

        Loading editor
    • I think so many people are saying the same. They don't want to watch because of the high levels of bias towards the Sky People so that they literally get away with murder and the xenophobia shown towards the grounders to such an extent is unfair and unreal. They kill all the popular ones and leave the ones nobody likes or cares for on purpose.

      Bellamy Blake is also a huge problem with this show right now. Justice has NOT been served for Lexa. He plays the feel sorry for me card, he has gotten away scott free with murdering thousands if sleeping grounders there to protect his people which essentially instigated Lexa's death because she wouldn't retaliate. Clarke needs to grow a backbone and realise that the fact she advised Lexa not to attack caused ger to die. She died because of Bellamy and Clarke. And Clarke owes it to her girl to rid this show of the factor that caused this, Bellamy. The majority of people will never support them together as even just a team after what happened to Lexa. And the majority know how huge a mistake it was to kill her.

      The ratings are dropping because the Sky People are more villainous than the grounders, many of us have turned against the Sky People and feel that a lot more of them need to go. And the most appropriate one to start with is Bellamy Blake.Nothing personal against Bob though, it is not his fault that they made his character an egomaniac. But seriously to heck with the Bellarke fanservice because it isn't working, this isn't the books and if Jason wants to save this once great show, he needs to start changing things. The Walking Dead isn't below making major changes to please viewers and secure ratings. So Jason needs to get his act together before it's too late.

        Loading editor
    • Zaeiria wrote:
      For me, the show just got better after Lexa died. I never really liked her and just wasn't that interested in the whole Clexa/Polis thing in the beginning of season 3. It took away too much time from the delinquents and Arkadia, which was and still is a lot more interesting for me to watch + Clarke just went downfall from season 2 to 3, when she was with Lexa.

      I'm loving season 4 so far, and I can't wait what it brings in the future.

      This is exactly how I feel!

      The show has only been getting better as of recent. Clarke is finally back with her people and working with them which was what drew me to the show from the very beginning. And even if you don't ship Bellamy and Clarke romantically it's pretty evident they need each other and are better together.

      I think Season 3 showed that when they were separated, they were both more susceptible to negative influence (Clarke with Lexa and Bellamy with Pike) but when they work together they have balance. Season 3 was all about the characters losing themselves and then finding themselves again (which I felt was wonderful in 3B.)

      Season 4 has been excellent thus far and I'm super excited to see how it continues.

      (Also LOL, I find it way too funny that people think Bellamy isn't held accountable for his actions but worship Octavia and Lexa because that is pure hypocrisy.)

        Loading editor
    • Amethystkitten wrote:

      Zaeiria wrote:
      For me, the show just got better after Lexa died. I never really liked her and just wasn't that interested in the whole Clexa/Polis thing in the beginning of season 3. It took away too much time from the delinquents and Arkadia, which was and still is a lot more interesting for me to watch + Clarke just went downfall from season 2 to 3, when she was with Lexa.

      I'm loving season 4 so far, and I can't wait what it brings in the future.

      This is exactly how I feel!

      The show has only been getting better as of recent. Clarke is finally back with her people and working with them which was what drew me to the show from the very beginning. And even if you don't ship Bellamy and Clarke romantically it's pretty evident they need each other and are better together.

      I think Season 3 showed that when they were separated, they were both more susceptible to negative influence (Clarke with Lexa and Bellamy with Pike) but when they work together they have balance. Season 3 was all about the characters losing themselves and then finding themselves again (which I felt was wonderful in 3B.)

      Season 4 has been excellent thus far and I'm super excited to see how it continues.

      (Also LOL, I find it way too funny that people think Bellamy isn't held accountable for his actions but worship Octavia and Lexa because that is pure hypocrisy.)

      It isn't hypocrisy at all. Lexa made those choices because that was the law, it is what she had to do, make hard decisions. But she hated and regretted them. Bellamy made those decisions because he wanted to. He didn't regret killing the grounders, he didn't regret any of it because he believed he is right. He is a sociopath and not to mention a womanizer.

      Oh and you both think that season 4 is the best yet? Well you are a rare species (and likely Bellarkers). Anyway tell that to the ratings ladies. Bellamy doesn't get punishment like the others. And now it's time for this show to act before it gets cancelled.

        Loading editor
    • 83.136.45.155 wrote:

      Amethystkitten wrote:

      Zaeiria wrote:
      For me, the show just got better after Lexa died. I never really liked her and just wasn't that interested in the whole Clexa/Polis thing in the beginning of season 3. It took away too much time from the delinquents and Arkadia, which was and still is a lot more interesting for me to watch + Clarke just went downfall from season 2 to 3, when she was with Lexa.

      I'm loving season 4 so far, and I can't wait what it brings in the future.

      This is exactly how I feel!

      The show has only been getting better as of recent. Clarke is finally back with her people and working with them which was what drew me to the show from the very beginning. And even if you don't ship Bellamy and Clarke romantically it's pretty evident they need each other and are better together.

      I think Season 3 showed that when they were separated, they were both more susceptible to negative influence (Clarke with Lexa and Bellamy with Pike) but when they work together they have balance. Season 3 was all about the characters losing themselves and then finding themselves again (which I felt was wonderful in 3B.)

      Season 4 has been excellent thus far and I'm super excited to see how it continues.

      (Also LOL, I find it way too funny that people think Bellamy isn't held accountable for his actions but worship Octavia and Lexa because that is pure hypocrisy.)

      It isn't hypocrisy at all. Lexa made those choices because that was the law, it is what she had to do, make hard decisions. But she hated and regretted them. Bellamy made those decisions because he wanted to. He didn't regret killing the grounders, he didn't regret any of it because he believed he is right. He is a sociopath and not to mention a womanizer.

      Oh and you both think that season 4 is the best yet? Well you are a rare species (and likely Bellarkers). Anyway tell that to the ratings ladies. Bellamy doesn't get punishment like the others. And now it's time for this show to act before it gets cancelled.

      Yeah basically after Lexa died I heard a tonne of people stopped watching and some are checking out Riverdale. I don't really blame them, I mean seeing more of Bellamy is plain irritating because he's an ass and it isn't the same without Lexa, the show really needs her because she was a golden gem. Man these writers are deluded. It is so hard to watch now.

        Loading editor
    • I would say pretty much. I won't lie, season 4 has been disappointing. And now it has Riverdale as direct competition. I think without Lexa it is just so bad.

        Loading editor
    • I think Lexa turned out to be , as the story continued,  not a woman of principle.

      She betrayed both her "mantras", which by her own admitting were very important to her:

      "Love is weakness" - she let herself be completely enthralled with Clarke, thus putting herself deliberately under her control and rule, which a good commamber should never do! No wonder that Titus was so worried and decided to act. He saw the outcome coming, the tribes would not listen to her anymore and rebel, because in the end she would not be a stable leader. The didint take the sacrifice as her real responsibility.

      "Blood must have blood" - she decided not to attack at the final momemnts before Mt. Weather and get her revenge on about 20 years on terror and oppression. From which I understood she left the mountain as a coward, took the easy way out - because she knew probably inside the mountain she would lose - her and her grounds, not being that familiar with weapons and methods of Mt. Weather, where she was probably right...

      And if she would lose, and even survived, she would definetly been taking of of the throne.

      So when deciding she thinking about her immediate situation and herself - then doing something for the far ahead future of the grounders, when maybe after a hard fight, she would free all of them and the next generation of the terror and kidnapping of Mt. Weather after all.

      I not against that decison - I just not understand making it for anything else what it is, expecially with the continuation of the storyline.

      She couldn't have known that Clarke and the group were so capable, they would take care of "the problem" on their own....

        Loading editor
    • 31.14.203.209 wrote:
      I think Lexa turned out to be , as the story continued,  not a woman of principle.

      She betrayed both her "mantras", which by her own admitting were very important to her:

      "Love is weakness" - she let herself be completely enthralled with Clarke, thus putting herself deliberately under her control and rule, which a good commamber should never do! No wonder that Titus was so worried and decided to act. He saw the outcome coming, the tribes would not listen to her anymore and rebel, because in the end she would not be a stable leader. The didint take the sacrifice as her real responsibility.

      "Blood must have blood" - she decided not to attack at the final momemnts before Mt. Weather and get her revenge on about 20 years on terror and oppression. From which I understood she left the mountain as a coward, took the easy way out - because she knew probably inside the mountain she would lose - her and her grounds, not being that familiar with weapons and methods of Mt. Weather, where she was probably right...

      And if she would lose, and even survived, she would definetly been taking of of the throne.

      So when deciding she thinking about her immediate situation and herself - then doing something for the far ahead future of the grounders, when maybe after a hard fight, she would free all of them and the next generation of the terror and kidnapping of Mt. Weather after all.

      I not against that decison - I just not understand making it for anything else what it is, expecially with the continuation of the storyline.

      She couldn't have known that Clarke and the group were so capable, they would take care of "the problem" on their own....

      Lexa didn't betray anything, "blood must have blood" was the way of her people ,she was a more progressive leader who always wanted peace for her people. She united the clans to prevent war. Her goal at Mount Weather was to save her people, she knew when to fight and not fight .Yes, Lexa said "love is weakness",but that didn't affect the way she ruled when she was in love with Costia and after she lost Costia. Her love for Clarke didn't stop her from saving her people at Mount Weather.

        Loading editor
    • Zaeiria wrote:
      For me, the show just got better after Lexa died. I never really liked her and just wasn't that interested in the whole Clexa/Polis thing in the beginning of season 3. It took away too much time from the delinquents and Arkadia, which was and still is a lot more interesting for me to watch + Clarke just went downfall from season 2 to 3, when she was with Lexa.

      I liked S3 for its world building aspects, but I agree that all that lexa/grounder detour was too much turning away the series from what made it great.

      95.83.253.173 wrote:

      To both of you who are "loving" season 4 so far, my advice to you is look at the plummeting ratings, start to realise that the show is performing the worst it ever has, and come back with real logic behind those answers other than you hate Lexa, lesbians in general, and or ship Bellarke.
      • My enjoyment of any show has never been influenced by ratings. In fact some of my favorite shows, those that I consider classics have been canceled prematurely, while others that run out of steam continued to tread on and on...
      • As for your claims. You seem to ignore that ALL shows on that list had "plummeting ratings", presumably because its USA only traditional TV numbers ( which doesn't apply to many of us on both accounts ). In any case I'd trust experts saying that its impossible to tell, over some internet hack waving scrap of data and so called "real logic".
      • Mighty bigoted of you to suggest that everyone who love the show hates lexa/lesbians, like Bellarke and/or even cares about ships at all..
        Loading editor
    • 95.83.253.173 wrote:

      To both of you who are "loving" season 4 so far, my advice to you is look at the plummeting ratings, start to realise that the show is performing the worst it ever has, and come back with real logic behind those answers other than you hate Lexa, lesbians in general, and or ship Bellarke.

      Let's break down your point here:

      95.83.253.173 wrote:

      look at the plummeting ratings, start to realise that the show is performing the worst it ever has

      That's not true whatsoever, the show is maintaining a .4 demo which is typical for any CW show. And social media wise, we've been trending almost weekly. This week, we even won Spoiler TVs top show.

      95.83.253.173 wrote:

      and come back with real logic behind those answers other than you hate Lexa, lesbians in general, and or ship Bellarke.

      Saying that people who were less invested or disliked Lexa's character si incredibly misinformed. I didn't care for Lexa as a character because I thought she was ruthless and manipulative (and that's what made me uneasy about her relationship with Clarke too) Her being valuable representation was one of the reasons I liked her quite a bit in season 2. And my biggest peve with Lexa is her fandom (ie you guys) who don't seem to be able to respect other people's opinions and are always trying to say that "I am right and therefore you are wrong."

      And I do ship Bellarke, for the record, but that's not why I've been liking season 4. The pacing has been much better, the storylines are getting more development, the writing feels less rushed and sloppy, and rather than an enormous plot focus characters are being given solid development.

      Your argument is also considered a false cause which is a fallacy and is incredibly flawed. You've basically said, You dislike Lexa must mean you  ship Bellarke, and therefore anyone who ships Bellarke must hate Lexa (which I can say for the record is NOT true at all, I know many Bellarke shippers who loved Lexa.)

        Loading editor
    • 95.83.253.173 wrote:
      To both of you who are "loving" season 4 so far, my advice to you is look at the plummeting ratings, start to realise that the show is performing the worst it ever has, and come back with real logic behind those answers other than you hate Lexa, lesbians in general, and or ship Bellarke. When you do, the horror of this situation may finally dawn on you.

      "Plumetting ratings"?

      One, how does that effect how I feel about the show. Others people's opinions have no correlation to how I as a person feel about one of my favorite shows.

      Also, the show isn't plumetting in ratings, but the comment above has illustrated already.


      "Real logic...other than you hate Lexa, lesbians in general, or ship Bellarke" ?

      Did you read my comment? I gave you reasons that have nothing to do with Bellarke/Clexa as to why I think S4 is doing good so far.

      Based on your comment though, it seems that you are trying to say because I like Bellarke that this means that I am homophobic and hate Lexa.

      Well, I am a Bellarke shipper, so that's right.

      However, I have defended Lexa many times and if you really want to go into it, lesbians too as I am bisexual.  To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of her's in the beginning. I thought she was manipulative as she tried to make Clarke someone who didn't care about her people (I.e, the situation with Bellamy then inn TonDC). In S3, that completly changed. I realized that she was a decent leader who was trying to do what was best for people. I may not have like everything that she did (as I don't like everything that most of the characters do), but I respected her and was heartbroken when she died.

      What you are doing is separating people. You are saying "I don't like your opinion so shut up" which is what makes being in the fandom so difficult. I'm tired of having to go through this with the damn ships. This show (like every other show) is more than their romantic relationships. This show is about moral responsibilties amd doing what you think you have to in order to survive. It's about rebuilding and having hope when you are lying on your face. It's about friendships and holding onto bonds when things in life test you. It isn't just about Clarke, Bellamy, or Lexa being your OTP.

        Loading editor
    • Well then... having just read over this whole page, I think i can come to a verdict that someone is merely overreacting to the death of Lexa. "Like killing katniss everdeen", lol, give me a break! It is completely and totally insane to place lexa on the same level of name brand recognition as Katniss. I have found season 4 refreshing, as it has returned to its roots. I see alot of season 1 and early season 2 elements in it, and these are what made the 100 great to start with. As for "pie in the sky", season 4 has, thus far, been radically more realistic than season 3, so that argument is irrelevant.

      TV rating have not experienced a drastic decline, and they do not account for online viewership, such as via Netflix (where many people, including my self, watch their weekly episode of the 100). Killing Lexa was not the writers choice anyway, it was Alycias, as she choose to move on to FTWD instead (a mistake on her part in my opinion). Most Lexa fans understand this, and thus know that Lexa cannot be brought back, not only due to the fact that it would make no sense for the plot, but also because "lexa" (Alycia) doesnt want to be brought back, she opted to move on to FTWD, hence the sudden death. Lexa fans who are now trashing the show are in the minority among even their own fan base, as most Lexa fans, again, understand why she is no longer there. To be frank, few people outside of harcore Clexa shippers are actually considering leaving, and those people clearly didnt bother to read between the lines regarding why she was killed off... newsflash, it was one of the most predictable deaths in TV history, and had nothing to do with the LGBT, merely an actor leaving a show.

      The 100 is a great show, continues to improve, and will not lose me as a viewer and supporter... in fact, in my circles, its gaining viewers.

        Loading editor
    • I cannot stress this enough, BUT LEXA NEEDED TO DIE. Not for the reason that she deserved it, cause she did not in any way deserve to be shot by Titus. But if she didn't die, there would have been no possible way to destroy A.L.I.E. It also opened up the can of worms that there was a connection between the grounders and the sky people in the first place. Lexa was a great character, truly. But for the show to progress, she needed to be eliminated. Not only for the viewers, but for Clarke to become the leader she needed to be. I truly believe that the show is at its best. Right now, in season 4. Mostly because they are actually moreso focusing on the sci-fi aspects of the show, and the history of how everything began. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message