|“||You started a war that you don't know how to end.... The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground.... You're invaders. Your ship landed in our territory.... You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him. These are all acts of war.||”|
|— Anya to Clarke Griffin [src]|
The Coalition-Skaikru Conflicts are a series of armed conflicts between Trikru, Azgeda, and Skaikru. The conflict unofficially began when the Delinquents landed in Trikru territory on the September 13, 2149 but officially began after a failed peace meeting between Clarke of the Sky People and Anya of the Woods Clan on the October 2.
After another peace meeting between Clarke and Commander Lexa of the 12 Clans on the October 25, the Woods Clan and the Sky People were at a strained truce. The two allied peoples joined forces against Mount Weather until Commander Lexa made a deal with President Cage Wallace of the Mountain Men and thereafter the Woods Clan and Sky People were no longer allied but under a strained truce.
When Chancellor Griffin decided to allow Farm Station survivors to move into Mount Weather, she broke this tentative agreement, causing the Ice Nation to strike back. With the help of Carl Emerson, the last surviving Mountain Man, the Azgeda blew up Mount Weather, causing the deaths of 49 Sky People. In retaliation, newly elected Chancellor Pike took a group of Sky People and massacred 300 sleeping Trikru warriors sent by Commander Lexa to protect Arkadia from any potential Azgeda attack.
This is the full list of those who participated in this war.
- The Grounders
- Main article: Grounders/Trikru
Many unnamed Grounders
- The Sky People
- Main article: Sky People
Many unnamed Sky People
- Trikru-Skaikru Conflict
- Trikru-Delinquent Conflict
- Trikru-Camp Jaha/Arkadia Conflict
- Coalition-Skaikru Conflict
- Azgeda-Farm Station Conflict
- Coalition-Skaikru Conflict
Background EditIn Pilot, the Delinquents arrive on Earth from the Ark, their dropship crash landing in the middle of the Woods Clan territory. Unaware they are not alone, the Delinquents sent a party toward Mount Weather. As they near their destination they are attacked. Jasper was speared presumably by Grounders; he was later found tied to a tree as live bait.
In His Sister's Keeper, Bellamy Blake suspects that his sister has been taken by the Grounders and forms a search party to find her. While out in the woods, the Delinquents come across Grounder territory. After the group splits, those still with Bellamy cross the territory and are unknowingly followed by Grounders. When the Grounders make themselves known, by killing Mbege, the Delinquents flee through the woods. In the process of fleeing, Diggs is impaled by a grounder trap. While searching for Diggs, Roma is speared in the chest, killing her. When the Grounders have the rest of the group surrounded, a Grounder blows a horn, to warn of acidic fog which chases off the Grounders allowing the Delinquents to survive.
Later, when the group of Delinquents finds Octavia, they debate whether or not to kill the Grounder. The grounder stabs Finn in self-defense and Bellamy and the Grounder fight. The Grounder almost kills Bellamy,but Jasper knocks the Grounder unconscious. The group race back to camp to try and save Finn.In Contents Under Pressure, Bellamy takes a small group out to find the Grounder who had taken Octavia. When the Grounder is brought back to camp, Bellamy, Miller, and Drew string him up in the top level of the drop ship. They proceed to try and get information from the Grounder.
When Clarke Griffin reveals that Finn is dying from the Grounder poison, Clarke gives Bellamy permission to torture the Grounder further. When the Grounder still refuses to give them the antidote, Raven Reyes resorts to electrocuting the Grounder. Octavia, who had been watching, grabs the blade and cuts her arm. Infected with the poison, she approaches the Grounder and asks him which vile is the antidote to the poison. The Grounder reluctantly gestures to the correct vile, allowing Octavia and Finn to take the antidote. Later, Clarke tries to clean the Grounder's wounds but Octavia takes over for her.
In Day Trip, while cleaning the Grounder's wounds, Octavia learns that he does speak English and that his name is Lincoln. When Octavia realizes that Jasper Jordan is high off of Jobi Nuts, she hands them out to Miller and the rest of the camp. Once the camp is hallucinating, she helps Lincoln escape. Later that night, Bellamy asks Octavia if she helped the Grounder escape, to which she replies she didn't.
- Main article: Body Count
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- "You expect us to trust a Grounder? This is our home now. We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground! The Grounders think they can take that away. They think that because we came from the sky, we don't belong here. But they've yet to realize one very important fact: We are on the ground now, and that means we are Grounders!"
- - Bellamy's speech to the other Delinquents about the upcoming battle with the Grounders in We Are Grounders (Part 1).
- "So, now we're trusting Grounders to punish Grounders? I'm sorry Madam Chancellor, but I lost more than half of my remaining people yesterday. And four times the many since we landed. In my experience, Grounders understand one thing - strength. It's simple, we need to hit them now, we need to hit them hard."
- - Charles Pike to Abigail Griffin in Watch the Thrones.
- "This morning on the muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the Grounders. This land is ours now. Resist and you will be met by force. Fight and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down remember it, just like the Grounders will remember it."
- - Charles Pike to Arkadia residents in Hakeldama.
- This is the first present-day conflict to be shown in The 100.
- NOTE: Present-day refers to the present-day in the show (in the years 2149-50)
- The conflict officially started in "Unity Day" after a failed peace meeting.
- Although the conflict went on for the whole first season, the final battle between the Woods Clan and the Delinquents took place in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)."
- The final battle consisted of Reapers, Grounders, and Delinquents.
- The battle took place in the Delinquents' camp.
- The Grounder units involved in the war were Tristan's and Anya's.
- The Delinquents used the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" to get the Reapers to create a distraction by fighting with the Grounders
- At least 300 Grounder Warriors were killed when Jasper set off the rocket fuel under the drop ship.
- After the battle, Anya was captured by Mount Weather along with 48 of the Delinquents, and the Delinquent's Camp was abandoned.
- After the battle, Tristan captured Finn, Bellamy, and another Delinquent and was taking them back to the Commander when he was shot and killed by Kane.
- After Mount Weather, a strained truce held for 3 months. However Lincoln warned that just because Azgeda is part of the Commander's Coalition doesn't mean they'll respect the ceasefire.
- There have been at least 847 casualties caused by the conflict.