The CW Network (most commonly referred to as The CW) is a television network in the United States, and the home channel of a the The 100. The CW was formed as a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment and saw a merger of The WB and UPN. The network commenced broadcasting in September 18, 2006.
The CW is America's fifth broadcast network, offering primetime programming aimed mostly at the young-adult audience segment. On top of traditional TV viewership, it offers streaming through the network's website, Hulu and or Netflix. It features a mixture of programming, including The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and many more. The longest show was America's Next Top Model hosted by Tyra Banks.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The name, "CW", derives from the first letters of the names of its two parent corp (CBS and Warner).
- CBS Corporation and Time Warner each own 50% of the network.
- Appointed in 2011, the current president is Mark Pedowitz.
- "Dare to Defy" is the CW Slogan (2015-present).
- The CW on Wikipedia
- List of programs broadcast by The CW on Wikipedia.
- Official Site, Facebook and Youtube channel.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|