It illustrates standards of conduct, which are widely accepted among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow. Except for minor edits, please use the forums to propose changes to this policy.
Media is defined as any sort of image on the wiki. The 100 Wiki has a strict policy on what types of media are permitted.
File extensions and naming conventions
- Due to .PNG file's lossless compression, they are the preferred file type on the The 100 Wiki. However, .JPG files, while secondary, are also encouraged on the wiki.
- Please make sure all file names include either the episode name or number and a brief description of the picture (i.e. "2.12 Oct Linc.png" or "Spacewalker Raven Bell.jpg").
- User made .gif files are not to be permitted on the wiki. Gifs made by admins for character or relationship pages are the only form of gifs that are to be permitted.
- Images on The 100 Wiki are allowed by the Fair Use Doctrine of the United States Fair Use Law. This states that non-free images on this wiki are for educational or informational use only.
- Due to copyright, we do not allow images that are watermarked by anyone other than the CW.
- This includes but not limited to: Spoiler TV, Zap2it, ksitetv, and any other website that features the 100 pictures.
- Due to copyright issues and appearances, The 100 Wiki prefers to use images sparingly, only when needed. Excess images communicating a similar idea will be removed.
- The policy on The 100 Wiki is four images per scene.
- Continued violations of this policy will result in admin intervention or blocking of the user in question.
- With the exception of user pages, images published on The 100 Wiki without relevancy to the show or the cast and crew will be deleted.
- All photos must be relevant to the page where it is posted, and it's title.
- An exception is photos relating to our affiliates, such as logos, which should only be uploaded by admins.
- Only images of the highest possible quality are permitted. Stretched or blurry images will be immediately deleted. If an image of high quality is unable to be found, contact the wiki photographer.
- Cropping and alterations of light or color are permitted only when they enhance or better communicate the picture message.
- For example, if an image contains a large amount of empty space around the main focal point, cropping the picture may enhance the image, and offer clarity on the subject.
- Watermarks are only permitted when no images are available without watermarks. When non-watermarked images are available, they are the preferred image type.
- Images can be replaced when a better version of the image exists. The replaced image must be identical to the previous image.
- Due to copyright issues, fan art is not permitted anywhere on The 100 Wiki. Fanart for user pages must be approved by an admin, and must be of the users own making.
- This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Fanart is defined as any drastically edited images, graphics, and fan videos.
- Only videos released by The CW Network or videos containing official, exclusive content, of or relating to The 100 are permitted.
- Fan videos are NOT permitted, as addressed in the above policy.
User pages are allowed to contain any images as long as the images are not:
- Sexual/explicitly graphic
- Fanmade (see above policy)
- Gifs not from the wiki
- Containing inappropriate language
- Considered offensive in any way
User pages are a way for users to express themselves, and therefore, are allowed to contain images unrelated to the 100, again, as long as they do not violate any of the the above conditions.