|“||If I didn't send you, they would have died on the Ark with the rest of us, and we would have never known that Earth was survivable. Their sacrifice is why we are here.||”|
|— Thelonious Jaha to John Murphy|
Lives are at risk as Clarke and Lexa encounter a new enemy. Bellamy and Lincoln agree to work together to break into Mount Weather. Murphy helps Jaha confront his past. Meanwhile, Indra makes Octavia an offer she can't refuse.
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin (credit only)
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan (credit only)
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes (credit only)
- Ricky Whittle as Lincoln
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green (credit only)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha
Guest Starring Edit
- Bellamy: "I needed to know what happened after the intake door."
- Lincoln: "They remove your clothes, blast you with boiling water, and douse you with something that burns even worse. From there, we were sorted. The others were tagged Harvest. I was tagged Cerberus, turned into a Reaper."
- Bellamy: "Cerberus. Three-headed dog that guards the underworld."
- Quint: "This argument is a waste of time. It is simple if they can't breathe our air, why not just open the door and be done with it? Let them burn!"
- Lexa: You should've left me behind. Now two will die here instead of one."
- Clarke: "I'm still new to your culture, but when someone saves your life my people say thank you."
- Lexa: "I'm serious Clarke, to lead well you must make hard choices."
- Clarke: "You wanna know why I saved you? Because I need you. God forbid one of your Generals becomes Commander. You may be heartless, Lexa, but at least you're smart."
- Lexa: "Don't worry - my spirit will choose much more wisely than that."
- Clarke: "Your spirit?"
- Lexa: "When I die, my spirit will find the next Commander."
- Clarke: "Reincarnation. That's how you became Commander?"
- Lexa: "How are your leaders chosen?"
- Lexa: "Don't be afraid, Clarke. Death is not the end."
- Clarke: "We are not dying here. I need your spirit to stay where it is."
- Lexa: "Then get ready to fight, it's coming in."
- Lincoln to Bellamy: "The world has been trying to turn me into a monster for as long as I can remember."
- Indra: "You fought like a child today. All aggression, no thought, no defense. Always leaving yourself exposed revealing your next move before each strike."
- Octavia: "Okay, I know. I got my ass kicked. That should make you happy."
- Indra: "It does."
- Fio (hands Octavia a plate of food): The boar put up a better fight than you."
- Jaha to John Murphy: "I have to think of everyone. I know you don't want to hear this, but sometimes you have to sacrifice the few to save the many."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The title may be a reference to the evolution of the Sky People, Grounders, Mountain Men and Reapers due to radiation.
- Murphy's father's name was Alex.
- Goof - The gun Clarke was using can only hold a maximum of 6 bullets with its standard magazine clip. The only other magazine clip for that gun would hold 10 bullets. Clarke shot approximately 15 or more.
- We learn that Bellamy knows his mythology when he speaks about the Trojan Horse with Lincoln.
- Survival of the Fittest is the first episode of The 100 that Thomas McDonnell does not star in.
- First time Marcus Kane and Octavia Blake have an interaction/conversation.
Body Count Edit
Behind the Scenes Edit
- The title Survival of the Fittest is a reference to the evolutionary theory to describe natural selection. It can be loosely interpreted as 'Only the best suited to their surroundings will survive.'
Production Notes Edit
|Song title here||Album title here||Artist name here||[Purchase link here]|