The Second Dawn Bunker, also known as "Becca's Crypt" or the "Level 12 Bunker" was created by a doomsday cult, known as the Second Dawn, over 100 years ago.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Die All, Die Merrily, Clarke and Jaha go against the rules of the conclave, and move most of Skaikru and Niylah into the bunker. The only Skaikru left outside the bunker are Kane and Octavia in Polis; Raven at Becca's Lab; and Monty, Harper, Jasper, and several others at Arkadia.
In The Other Side, the bunker becomes over-populated with approximately 1,564 people.
In The Chosen, Kane and Jaha gas their area of the bunker and sacrifice 364 Sky People in order for there to be enough oxygen and food for everyone else in the bunker as to make room for everyone.
In Praimfaya, Octavia, with Bellamy's and Indra's encouragement, takes the lead of the people within the bunker.
Add more details
Current Residents Edit
In "Praimfaya", Indra says there are 1,200 inhabitants within the bunker. By "Pandora's Box", there is only 814. After the bunker is opened, they start using the space above ground as well as the bunker. Some the inhabitants also defect to Shallow Valley or are killed. After The Warriors Will, Wonkru left the bunker to march onto Shallow Valley.
Currently there are zero inhabitants of the bunker or surrounding area.
Former Residents Edit
Many members of Wonkru, who survived in the bunker for six years, are still alive but no longer living in the bunker. Some defected from Wonkru after the bunker was opened while others remained.
Another eight people who only inhabited the bunker for short durations are still alive. Clarke, Bellamy, Murphy, and Emori briefly lived within the bunker but left before the culling. Clarke, Bellamy, Madi, Echo, Monty, and Harper briefly lived within the bunker after it reopened. Echo left to spy on Eligius, Clarke and Madi drove away after Gaia inserted the Flame into Madi, and the other three left with Wonkru to march on Shallow Valley.
Several people were on Clarke's list or were seen in the bunker at the end of season 4 but have not been seen in season 5. They may have died at some point though their deaths are currently unconfirmed.
During the six years the bunker was sealed, 386 people died including:
Other former residents died after the bunker was re-opened in "Pandora's Box", including:
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Absent|
|A Lie Guarded||Absent|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Appears|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Absent|
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The bunker is big enough to fit about 1,200 people.
- On a wall, there is a stone sign and flag that reads "From the ashes, we will rise."
- The Bunker includes supplies like hazmat suits and it has airlocks.
- According to Jaha, Hardy, and Clarke, there is an underground aquifer with a filtration system, hydroponic farms, oxygen and air scrubbers, and water recyclers, inside the bunker.
- Raven Reyes is the only living person who hasn't been in the bunker, as she was on Becca's Island in Season Four and has been in Shallow Valley during most of Season Five.
- The Grounders' quotes "Blood must have Blood" and "Your fight is over" are originated from the wall décor in the Second Dawn Bunker, and it is just like the Flamekeeper's prayer, "From the ashes, we will rise".
- In the six years following Praimfaya, Octavia has established total control over the bunker occupants. She forces those, who committed crimes, to compete in gladiator-style fights to survive, in order to gain their freedom.
- After those six years, there is only 814 people alive in the bunker, which means that at least 386 people died under Octavia's rule.