Season Three is the third season of the CW television series The 100. It consists of sixteen episodes and started airing on January 21, 2016. It was announced on January 11, 2015. Filming started on July 15, 2015. The first episode of the series was "Wanheda (Part 1)." The season finale was "Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)."
For two seasons, the refugees of The 100 sent to Earth have been at war. First with themselves, then with the Grounders, and finally with Mount Weather. Many have lost their lives along the way. All have lost their innocence. They have learned the hard way that in the fight for survival, there are no heroes and no villains. There is only the living and the dead. But now the war is over. The battle against Mount Weather has been won. The prisoners have returned home to a world seemingly at peace, but can they find peace within themselves after what they had to do to escape? And is there more to life than just surviving? Unfortunately, their newfound sense of normalcy will be short-lived, and their lives will be changed forever, as threats both old and new test their loyalties, push them past their limits, and make them question what it truly means to be human. First, they fought to survive. Then, they fought for their friends. Now, they will fight for the human race.
Cast and Characters
- Main article: Character Appearances
- Main article: Episode Guide
|1.||Wanheda (Part 1) (T)||7.||Thirteen (T)||13.||Join or Die (T)|
|2.||Wanheda (Part 2) (T)||8.||Terms and Conditions (T)||14.||Red Sky at Morning (T)|
|3.||Ye Who Enter Here (T)||9.||Stealing Fire (T)||15.||Perverse Instantiation (Part 1) (T)|
|4.||Watch the Thrones (T)||10.||Fallen (T)||16.||Perverse Instantiation (Part 2) (T)|
|5.||Hakeldama (T)||11.||Nevermore (T)|
|6.||Bitter Harvest (T)||12.||Demons (T)|
- Main article: Body Count
Note: The total body count for the season cannot be determined. The following information is only what has been confirmed. For a more accurate and specific representation of the season's body count, see the Body Count article.
|"Wanheda (Part 1)"||3|
|"Wanheda (Part 2)"||5|
|"Ye Who Enter Here"||42|
|"Watch the Thrones"||1|
|"Terms and Conditions"||2|
|"Join or Die"||TBD|
|"Red Sky at Morning"||8|
|"Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)"||9|
|"Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)"||TBD|
|United States||The CW||January 21, 2016 (9/8c PM)||May 19, 2016|
|Spain||Syfy Spain||January 28, 2016||TBA|
|United Kingdom||E4||February 17, 2016 (9 PM)||TBA|
|Australia||Fox 8||February 3, 2016 (8:30 PM)||TBA|
|Germany||ProSieben||July 27, 2016 (10:30 PM)||TBA|
|France||Syfy France||November 15, 2016||TBA|
Note: This section is meant for anything but Episode stills.
Please check out the episode page's gallery to see episode stills and screencaps.
Comic Con 2015
The 100 appeared in a panel in Comic-Con 2015. The following people were in attendance:
- Jason Rothenberg
- Eliza Taylor
- Bob Morley
- Marie Avgeropoulos
- Lindsey Morgan
- Isaiah Washington
- Ricky Whittle
Notes and Trivia
- Julia Benson and Shawna Benson joined the writing staff.
- Layne Morgan also joined the writing staff.
- April 6, 2015 was the first day of writing Season Three.
- Episode 3x02 was being written on June 19, 2015.
- July 15, 2015 was the first day of production for Season Three. They finished on January 29, 2016.
- Season 3 premiered on American Netflix on November 16, 2016.
- Season 3 was initially supposed to be 13 episodes. However, partially through filming the crew found out it would be 16 episodes, thus a lot needed to be rewritten.
- After the finale, there were 44 deliquents remaining. 2 deliquents died during season 3.
- As of "Terms and Conditions" there is not one star on the show to be in every episode.
- Clarke Griffin is the only one main character to seen in Season 3 poster.
- This is first season where Eliza Taylor (Clarke Griffin), Bob Morley (Bellamy Blake), and Marie Avgeropoulos (Octavia Blake) didn't appear in one episode.
|The 100 TV Series|
- ↑ Hibberd, James (01/11/2015) “The CW renews 8 shows for next season” Insider TV
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (March 17, 2015) “#the100 July” Twitter
- ↑ The CW Announces 2015-16 Fall Schedule, The CW Press. May 14, 2015.
- ↑ Benson, Julie (March 11, 2015) “@TeelaJBrown & I are thrilled beyond belief to be joining the writing staff” Twitter
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (March 20, 2015) “#The100 April 6th. Day 1 of the S3 Writers Room.” Twitter
- ↑ the100writers (July 15, 2015) “The 100 Writers (@the100writers) • Instagram” '
- ↑ the100writers (January 29, 2016) “The 100 Writers (@the100writers) • Instagram” '
- ↑ http://bellamyblakesprotectionsquad2k17.tumblr.com/post/156022490794/sams-bob-mg-recap