The first season of The 100, an American post-apocalyptic science fiction drama television series that premiered on March 19, 2014, on The CW, and concluded on June 11, 2014, after 13 episodes. It focuses on the 100 Delinquents who, as they become the first humans to return to Earth in almost a hundred years after a devastating nuclear apocalypse, to determine if the planet had become habitable enough to survive; also follows those left behind on the Ark.
The Season, developed by Jason Rothenberg, is loosely based on a 2013 book of the same name, the first in the hundred series by Kass Morgan. It was mainly filmed on location in Vancouver. The first episode was viewed by an average audience of 2.7 million, making it CW's most watched new series premiere of the season, and delivered the network's best total viewer numbers in its time period in 3.5 years.
The season was internationally syndicated. The complete season set is available on DVD and Blu-ray in all regions as of December 3, 2014. The episodes are also available through digital retailers such as Netflix,, Apple's iTunes Store, Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace, and Amazon.com's on-demand TV service.
Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying "Ark" ─ the 12 stations now linked together and repurposed to keep the survivors alive. Draconian measures including capital punishment and population control are the order of the day, as the leaders of the Ark take ruthless steps to ensure their future, including secretly exiling a group of 100 juvenile prisoners to the Earth's surface to test whether it's habitable. For the first time in nearly a century, humans have returned to planet Earth. Among the 100 exiles are Clarke, the bright teenage daughter of the Ark's chief medical officer; Wells, son of the Ark's Chancellor; the daredevil Finn; and the brother/sister duo Bellamy and Octavia, whose illegal sibling status has always led them to flaunt the rules. Technologically blind to what's happening on the planet below them, the Ark's leaders — Clarke's widowed mother, Abby; the Chancellor, Jaha; and his shadowy second in command, Kane — are faced with difficult decisions about life, death and the continued existence of the human race. For the 100 young people on Earth, however, the alien planet they've never known is a mysterious realm that can be magical one moment and lethal the next. With the survival of the human race entirely in their hands, the 100 must find a way to transcend their differences, unite and forge a new path on a wildly changed Earth that's primitive, intense and teeming with the unknown.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Main article: Character Appearances
Guest Starring Edit
- Main article: Episode Guide
|1.||Pilot (T)||6.||His Sister's Keeper (T)||11.||The Calm (T)|
|2.||Earth Skills (T)||7.||Contents Under Pressure (T)||12.||We Are Grounders P1 (T)|
|3.||Earth Kills (T)||8.||Day Trip (T)||13.||We Are Grounders P2 (T)|
|4.||Murphy's Law (T)||9.||Unity Day (T)|
|5.||Twilight's Last Gleaming (T)||10.||I Am Become Death (T)|
Body Count Edit
|"Twilight's Last Gleaming"||320+|
|"His Sister's Keeper"||3|
|"Contents Under Pressure"||0|
|"I Am Become Death"||4+|
|"We Are Grounders (Part 1)"||5|
|"We Are Grounders (Part 2)"||330+|
Air Dates Edit
|United States||The CW||March 19, 2014 (9.00PM)||June 11, 2014|
|New Zealand||TVNZ on demand video stream||March 21, 2014||TBA|
|South Africa||M-Net Series Showcase||June 4, 2014 (8.00PM)||Augsust 27, 2014|
|United Kingdom||E4||July 7, 2014||TBA|
|Australia||Fox 8||September 4, 2014||TBA|
|Brazil||MTV-Brasil||April 12, 2015||TBA|
|France||France 4||May 8, 2015 (8.50PM)||TBA|
|Germany/Austria||ProSieben||July 22, 2015 (8.15PM)||August 26, 2015.|
|Italy||Premium Action||October 1, 2014||November 12, 2014.|
- The 100 Promotional Images
- Season One was released on DVD on September 23, 2014.
- Season One was available on Netflix beginning October 22, 2014.
Note: This section is meant for anything but episode stills.
Please check out the episode page's gallery to see episode stills and screencaps.
Comic Con 2013
The 100 appeared in a panel in Comic Con 2013. The following people who were in attendance
- Jason Rothenberg
- Eliza Taylor
- Thomas McDonell
- Marie Avgeropoulos
- Isaiah Washington
- Henry Ian Cusick
- Matthew Miller
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Season One was originally supposed to air in January but was moved to March.
- The CW moved The 100 and had it take over The Tomorrow People's time slot.
- The 100 was renewed for a second season in early May.
- The Special and Visual Effects Team for the episode "We Are Grounders (Part 2)" was nominated for an Outstanding Special and Visual Effects Primetime Emmy Award on July 10, 2014.
- In the show, this season started on September 13, 2149. It ended on October 11, 2149.
- The events that occurred in this season took place over 29 days.
- After the finale, there were 54 Delinquents remaining.
- 46 of the Delinquents died during Season One.
- Filming took place in Vancouver with locations like Golden Ears Park and Lynn Canyon.
- The seasons original music was composed by Liz Phair, Evan Frankfort & Marc Dauer. 
See Also Edit
|The 100 TV Series|
- ↑ The 100 blasts off with the CW's most watched series premiere of the season, 03.20.2014
- ↑ Netflix
- ↑ Apple's iTunes Store
- ↑ Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace
- ↑ Amazon.com's on-demand TV service
- ↑ The CW Announces 2013-2014 Fall Schedule, The CW Press. May 16, 2013.
- ↑ Hu was credited in 1x01 and 1x02, but only appeared in 1x01.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/The100writers/status/519561105329246209%7CSource
- ↑ Emmy Nominations. Emmy Awards. July 10, 2014.
- ↑