Season Four is the fourth season of the CW television series The 100. It consists of 13 episodes, and premiered on February 1, 2017. It was announced on March 11, 2016. Shooting began on August 2, 2016, and ended January 16, 2017.
For three seasons, The 100 have fought to survive. That fight has torn them apart, turned them against each other, and taken the lives of their closest friends.
In season three, our heroes found themselves at the epicenters of both the Grounder world and the struggle for Arkadia's soul. Despite their best efforts, all out war appeared unavoidable until a new, even more dangerous threat, one that had been quietly rising all along, exploded to the surface: ALIE, the A.I. that ended the world, offered relief from pain and eternal life in the "City of Light," but as her ranks grew, it quickly became clear that she was building an army dedicated to controlling all sentient life on Earth. This was no longer a battle between warring factions; it was a fight for humanity itself.
Now, in the wake of the epic season three finale, a hard truth lands on the shoulders of those who remain. What's left to fight for now? Will they go quietly into the night, or will they find hope and faith in each other, as they face their darkest chapter yet?
Cast and Characters Edit
- Main article: Character Appearances
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Paige Turco as Dr. Abigail Griffin
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan (4x01 - 4x11)
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy
- Zach McGowan as Roan (4x01 - 4x10)
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane
Guest Starring Edit
- Main article: Episode Guide
Body Count Edit
- Main article: Body Count
Note: The total body count for the season cannot be determined. The following information is only what has been confirmed. For a more accurate and specific representation of the season's body count, see the Body Count article.
|"Heavy Lies the Crown"||6+|
|"The Four Horsemen"||7|
|"A Lie Guarded"||6+|
|"The Tinder Box"||0|
|"We Will Rise"||5|
|"Die All, Die Merrily"||12|
|"The Other Side"||4+|
Air Dates Edit
|United States||The CW||February 1, 2017 (9/8c PM)||May 24, 2017 (9/8c PM)|
|United Kingdom||E4||April 5, 2017 (9 PM)||TBA|
The 100 appeared in a panel in Comic-Con 2016. The following people were in attendance:
Videos from Comic-Con:
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The season was announced on March 11, 2016.
- The writers started working on Season Four on May 19, 2016.
- Production started shooting on August 2, 2016.and wrapped January 16, 2017.
- The season is shorter than seasons 2 and 3, with only 13 episodes like the first.
- Henry Ian Cusick directed "The Other Side".
- The story picked up right where season three ended, with half of the Sky People at Polis and half at Arkadia.
- Zach McGowan (Roan) was promoted to series regular.
- At SDCC, Jason Rothenberg teased that there will be two new recurring characters.
- The season's tagline, "From the ashes we will rise", was first mentioned in "The Four Horsemen".
- This is the only season that does not include a two-part episode.
- "The Tinder Box" is the only episode to not have any casualties.
- Season 4 has been available on American Netflix since June 1, 2017.
- First and only season that Clarke Griffin and Raven Reyes didn't kill or indirectly kill anyone.
- After the finale, there were 40 delinquents remaining, 4 delinquents died during season 4.
- First season finale to have a significant time jump (6 years and 7 days).
- First season to have two main characters die (Jasper Jordan and Roan).
- So far, this season is the only season that doesn't have character portraits.
See Also Edit
|The 100 TV Series|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The CW at TCA: Episode Counts, AUGUST 11, 2016
- ↑ https://www.twitter.com/The100writers/status/809488458582401024
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BC0wCKikc_W/?taken-by=thecwtvd
- ↑ http://www.insidevancouver.ca/2016/07/11/vancouver-screen-scene-from-jesse-metcalfe-to-the-100/
- ↑ The CW Announces 2016-17 Fall Schedule, The CW Press, 05.19.2016
- ↑ https://twitter.com/The100writers/status/733368809973645312
- ↑ The 100 Writers (August 2, 2016) Tweet “First shot of Season 4!! Welcome back to Polis! #The100 #THE100SEASON4” - @The100writers
- ↑ https://twitter.com/IWashington/status/732623611048001536