|“||This is war, Clarke. People die. You showed true strength today. Don't let emotions stop you now.||”|
|— Lexa to Clarke|
CHOOSE YOUR PATH WISELY — Tensions between Clarke and Abby come to a head after Clarke crosses the line. Raven helps Bellamy navigate Mount Weather. Jaha and Murphy encounter a stranger who may not be what she seems. Octavia is prepared to fight for someone she loves. Meanwhile, things reach a breaking point at Mount Weather.
- Carl Emerson: "Sir, you're too far from the door. Way too far."
- Cage Wallace: "Just breathe. Don't worry about me."
- Carl Emerson: "You did it, didn't you, sir? Huh, the marrow treatment, it worked?"
- Cage Wallace: "We did it, Lieutenant. The ground is ours."
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing to The 100: "I'm sorry it has to be like this. I hope you know, you're all incredibly special to us."
- Raven: (looks at Ryder) "Worried someone's gonna try and take a shot at you inside the Ark?"
- Clarke: (to Ryder) "Wait outside, Ryder. Lexa's orders."
- Raven: "Whatever, Clarke."
- Kane: "Heavy lies the crown."
- Abby: "She shouldn't be wearing the crown, and you shouldn't be backing her up."
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing: "You ready for the last treatment you'll ever need Lieutenant?"
- Emerson: "You have no idea. I've been waiting my whole life for some fresh air."
- Emerson: "Sir, Whitman is good but he can't take out that many targets alone."
- Cage Wallace: "Which is why we're going to use a missile… This time, we're not going to miss."
- Clarke: "How many of these have you made?"
- Raven: "Only two so far."
- Clarke: "Two? That's not enough. There'll be Reapers everywhere."
- Raven: "High-frequency tone generators don't grow on trees, Clarke. Wick is scrounging for parts."
- Clarke: "Raven, I am about to leave for Tondc, where Lexa and the heads of all 12 Grounder clans are waiting for me to tell them we're a go, only we're not a go because they still have acid fog, and we only have two tone generators."
- Kane: "Clarke, being a good leader means knowing which battles to fight."
- Clarke: "And which to delegate. I know."
- Abby: "Tell me this was Lexa. Please, Clarke? Please tell me this wasn't you?"
- Clarke: "I wish I could. You can't tell anyone about this. If anyone finds out we knew, the alliance of the twelve clans will break. We'll lose the war."
- Abby: "You crossed a line. Their blood is on your hands. And even if we win, I'm afraid you won't be able to wash it off this time. Don't worry; your secret is safe with me."
- Emori: "My people saw me as a stain in the bloodline, something to erase."
- Murphy: "Screw 'em! I wouldn't cover it up. I think it's badass."
- Emori: "Liar."
- Emori: "Everybody put your weapons and supplies in the cart and nobody gets hurt."
- Jaha: "If we give you our supplies we all die out here."
- Emori: "If you don't you'll die right here."
- Jaha: "I believe this is what they call having faith, John."
- Murphy: "Nah, I just have nothing better to do."
- Indra: "We are at war. And a warrior does not mourn those she's lost until after the battle is won."
- Bellamy: "Clarke, wait. Octavia was in Tondc when I left. Is she, um...?"
- Clarke: "She's here, she's safe."
- Bellamy: "Okay, good. Be safe too."
- Clarke: "I will."
- Raven: "Octavia is in Tondc for the meeting. Why'd you lie?"
- Clarke: "Bellamy can't be distracted. It helps no one."
- Lexa: "A missile, you're sure?"
- Clarke: "Yes. We have to start evacuating now."
- Lexa: "No."
- Clarke: "What do you mean, no, Lexa?"
- Lexa: "If we evacuate, they'll know we have a spy inside their walls."
- Clarke: "Not necessarily."
- Lexa: "We can't risk it."
- Clarke: "What's the point of having an inside man if we can't act on what he tells us?"
- Lexa: "Is the acid fog disabled? Is our sleeping army uncaged?"
- Clarke: (shakes her head no)
- Lexa: "Then Bellamy's job is not done. Without him, we can't win this war."
- Clarke: "So what are you saying? We just do nothing? Let them bomb us?"
- Lexa: "It'll be a blow. But our army will be safe inside the woods and it'll inspire them."
- Clarke: "And what about us?"
- Lexa: "We slip away right now. Put this on."
- Clarke: "Lexa, wait, you don't understand. I provoked Mount Weather, I sent a message to distract them from Bellamy."
- Lexa: "Clarke, sometimes you have to concede a battle to win a war."
- Clarke: "No. We can inform the leaders of the clans make a rendezvous point in the woods. Each of them can slip out separately."
- Lexa: "And how many more will they tell? Where do we draw the line?"
- Clarke: "Well then cancel the meeting. Start a fire...something"
- Lexa: "Clarke we don't have time for this."
- Clarke: "No, no. This is wrong."
- Lexa: "It's also our only choice and you know it. You could've warned everyone out there, but you didn't. You said nothing, not even to your own people. This is war, Clarke. People die. You showed true strength today; don't let emotions stop you now. It's time to go."
Notes and Trivia
- Everyone's breath can be seen while traveling in the desert. In some deserts, temperatures can drop to 20°F/−7 °C at night.
- There are three major deserts in North America.
- Chihuahuan Desert - The largest desert in North America, located in the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico
- Sonoran Desert - Located in the Southwestern United States and Northwest Mexico.
- Mojave Desert - Located primarily in southeastern California & the hottest of all three.
- The Mojave Desert is the only desert where temperatures can drop down to 20°F/−7 °C at night that would cause everyone's breath to be visible like it was. During the day temperatures can be as hot as 120°F/49°C in the summer.
- This episode marks Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, and Marie Avgeropoulos' 25th episode on The 100.
- The only episode where Thelonious Jaha and Emori interact (outside the in City of Light).
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing] (radiation poisoning)
- 10 Mount Weather Guards (radiation poisoning)
- 2 Delinquents (bone marrow harvesting)
- Jessica (bone marrow harvesting)
- Over 250 Grounders & Sky People (missile attack)
Behind the Scenes
- The title Rubicon is a reference to 'crossing the Rubicon' which is a saying that means 'a point of no return'. Historically, it was the start of Caesar's civil war. This may refer to Jaha and Murphy's hunt for the City of Light, or even the group's escape from Mount Weather.
|Op. 118: No.1. Intermezzo In A Minor||N/A||Brahms||Purchase|