Polis is a location featured in Season Three. It is the capitol of the Coalition and where the Commander resides. In February 2150, Polis, along with Arkadia and the Floukru Rig, was under the occupation of A.L.I.E. and her followers during the war against her, with the Commander's throne at the highest level of the main tower being A.L.I.E.'s seat of power and base of operations during the short conflict.
Throughout the Series
In Echoes, Polis is forcefully taken by Azgeda. Echo takes charge of the Ice Nation army occupying Polis and declares the city to be under Azgeda rule. When King Roan regains consciousness, he adopts the Coalition as formed by Lexa, including Skaikru as the 13th clan. Kane, as Skaikru's ambassador becomes a resident of Polis.
In God Complex, Kane, Monty and Jaha go to Polis to meet Gaia. They find the bunker under the temple in Polis controlled by Azgeda. Indra moves her guards to guard the temple.
The settlement looks to be located on the top of some rolling hills, lush with vegetation. The tallest building is the high tower where the Commander resides. It is unknown where the capitol is located exactly, but based on travelling distance from and to Arkadia, it is possibly located near of what was Baltimore.
The tower is the home of the Commander.
Becca's Crypt is a bunker located underneath the temple. The bunker was originally used by the Second Dawn cult.
Notes and Trivia
- The name is not the shortened name of an American location, unlike Tondc.
- Polis has been added to the opening credits of Season Three.
- The location of Polis was out of the range of any direct missile blasts during the Nuclear Apocalypse.
- The tower of Polis, a relic from before the apocalypse, is the tallest structure shown on the show as of Season Three.
- On a population list seen in "Heavy Lies the Crown", Polis is listed having 4,000 people including 400 children.
- As of "Praimfaya", Polis is in ruins and the tower has collapsed.
- The Second Dawn Bunker is covered by rumble, locking the occupants inside.