Pandora's Box is the fourth episode of the fifth season of The 100. It is the sixty-second episode of the series overall.
HELP - Our Heroes are forced to rely on the help of Shallow Valley's dangerous new inhabitants in order to save some of their own, with surprising results.
The episode starts with Marcus Kane and three others preparing to fight to the death in the arena. Gaia gives a small speech and tells the combatants to “Be the last.” and the fighting begins. Kane picks up a shield and joins the others to fight. Before long, only Marcus and another combatant are left. We then see Jackson approaching Miller as frantically asks where Abby was.
The perspective changes to Abby, and see her banging on the door of a prison cell. She is pleading with the guards to tell Octavia it was her.
The perspective changes back to Kane, who is still fighting in the arena. His opponent knocks him down and slashes his back. He turns towards the crowd and shouts triumphantly. Just as his opponent is about to deliver the final blow, Marcus quickly moves out of the way, slashes him to weaken him, and hesitates for only a moment before killing him. The crowd “boos” after realizing that he is the winner. Gaia then asks Blodreina if he has earned his freedom and she replies, “No. He fights again tomorrow.” The crowd erupts in cheers and applause though it is obvious that Marcus is grieved and distraught.
Bellamy, McCreary, and Diyoza are in Eden, listening to Shaw speak on the walkie-talkie. He is telling them that “Somehow they blocked the remote access to the cryo-room and the pods. We can’t wake anyone up.” Bellamy asks if he has their attention now, and Diyoza says she doesn’t know how they got on her ship, and threatens “If anything happens to my people..” before getting cut off by Bellamy, saying the nothing will happen to her people as long as they can make a deal. Diyoza asks Bellamy what he wants, he tells her “We need your help opening a bunker. Since you’re miners, that shouldn’t be problem for you. If you do that, I’ll let your people go.” And he suggests that afterwards, they split they valley down the middle.
The perspective changes to Clarke, who is in a holding cell. The door opens, and Bellamy and Clarke truly reunite for the first time in six years. After a bit of talking, he tells her that Diyoza agreed to open the bunker.
On the space ship, Raven is working on the computer. Murphy walks in and tells her that they are still asleep and she gestures towards the computer and says, “I told you, you don’t have to go all the way down there. See for yourself.” She tells him that’s it's handled, and says that she was trying to figure out who they were dealing with on the ground. She pulls up Diyoza’s profile and reads: “She became a terrorist. Bombing campaigns, assassinations. At the time of her arrest, she was the most wanted criminal in the world.”
Guest Starring Edit
- John Murphy (to Raven Reyes): "Thought maybe I was doing it to impress Emori, but the more I think about it, I mean, why do you always have to be the one to sacrifice?"
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Pandora's Box is an object from Greek mythology given to Pandora, the first woman, as a gift which she was never to open. Out of curiosity, she ends up opening it, releasing the contents of war, pain, suffering, disease, and every other bad thing into the world. When she finally closes the box, 'Hope' is the last thing remaining. This could say that humanity never got hope, or that it is the last thing humanity has left.
- John Murphy and Raven Reyes find out that Clarke Griffin is alive, and reunite over the radio.
- Bellamy Blake and Octavia Blake are reunited after six years.
- Octavia and Clarke are reunited after six years.
- Abby Griffin is reunited with Clarke after six years. Marcus Kane also reunited with Clarke and Bellamy.
- Bellamy and Nathan Miller reunite after six years.
- Charmaine Diyoza breaks the deal and claims The Valley as hers and flys off in the Gagarin to get reinforcements.
- In this episode, Raven uncovers that Eligius IV is the fourth in a series of interstellar trips undertaken to a resource-rich asteroid. This is the first mention of a journey beyond the Sol system being undertaken by humanity.
- Monty Green, Harper McIntyre, Echo, Emori, and Madi did not appears, however, Bellamy told Clarke that they are safe and hiding in the woods so The Prisoners won’t go look for them as they were in control.
Body Count Edit
- A member of Wonkru (killed by Szybanks when he tries to kill Octavia)
- Wayne Szybanks executed by Paxton McCreary
- Three members of Wonkru in the first round of the arena