|"Miller" redirects here. For Nathan's father, see David Miller.|
|“||I say if we're going to die in here, we might as well die trying to escape.||”|
|— Miller to Jasper, Monty and Harper. [src]|
While on Earth, Miller is one of Bellamy Blake's most trusted Gunners, serving as his lieutenant. Throughout Season Two, he develops a friendship with Monty Green and Harper and relationships with Jasper Jordan and Maya as they team up to find a way out of Mount Weather. In the season two finale, he is reunited with his father David Miller, who was chief guard of Alpha Station, and in season three, he is reunited with his boyfriend from Farm Station, Bryan.
Early life Edit
Miller was born on the Ark and raised on Alpha Station by his father sergeant David Miller chief of the guard. Not much is known about their relationship but that David cares about and is concerned for Miller.
Sometime while living on the Ark, Miller was arrested and sent to juvenile lockup for thievery. Miller has a boyfriend named Bryan whom he has known since his time on the Ark, but are separated once Miller is locked up and the 100 sent to the ground.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Wanheda (Part 1), Miller walks up to Bellamy while he is choosing people to come along for his mapping mission. Bellamy tosses Miller a gun and allows him to come. While driving, Miller joins in the sing-a-long of Add It Up, but the fun is cut short when the group receives a signal from Farm Station, which Miller's boyfriend is from. The gang realizes that Farm Station is in Ice Nation territory, but Miller insists they go. Miller and the others reach the border of Ice Nation in Sector 8. He steps outside with the others to greet the three Ice Nation warriors that arrive. Jasper grabs the beacon off of one of the warriors, laughs about it, and in turn, the warrior slits Jasper's throat. Miller, along with the rest of his friends, shoot and kill the three warriors. Miller manages to make it back to Arkadia with the others unharmed.
In Watch the Thrones, Miller is seen with his boyfriend, Bryan, attending the memorial for those from Farm Station that were killed at Mount Weather. He comforts Bryan as he grieves, and even encourages him to go forth and speak for one of the deceased.
In Hakeldama, Miller approaches the cell holding the Grounders, coming face to face with Lincoln. He tells the other guards to be careful because "this one doesn't like to be chained up". He then says to Lincoln that Octavia is not here to free him this time. But it is all an act. Miller opens an opening in the door and slips through a small bottle. Checking to see if the other guard is looking, Miller whispers to Lincoln that it is from Abby for Danae, a sick Grounder in the cell. He then informs Lincoln that Octavia got out with Clarke.
In Bitter Harvest, Miller brings Octavia a horse. He then questions her about what she plans to do because asking the Grounders to leave doesn't seem realistic. He adds that if the Grounders don't leave, they will be leading their people into an ambush. He suggests she talk to Bellamy but then realizes that they don't have another choice because if they don't stop the attack on the village, it'll be war and more dead friends.
Back in Arkadia, Miller is greeted by Bryan who was worried about his whereabouts. He lies to him, telling him that he lost a horse while he actually gave it to Octavia. He continues by telling how he wished Bryan didn't have to go on the mission to wipe out the village. Before leaving, Miller tells Bryan to be careful and they hug. As he watches Rover leave, Miller nods to Kane.
Later that day, Bryan enters their quarters just as Miller is getting reading to leave for work. They speak of not seeing each other often due to having opposite shifts, with Bryan working days and Miller working nights. The conversation switches to Pike's politics, which is a sensitive topic since Bryan stands behind their Chancellor while Miller supports Kane. Bryan helps Miller put his jacket on and they kiss goodbye before Miller leaves for work.
Because Bryan bugged Miller's jacket, Monty overhears a conversation between him and Harper, proving that they are both working with Kane against Pike. At the end of the day, Miller, Bryan, and Harper sit around a camp fire and he and Harper exchange glances. Bellamy and Monty decide to not give up his name when questioned if they found other traitors.
Although initially a background character, Miller appears to be loyal to Bellamy, complying to his commands and listening to him. He's disdainful of the Grounders and for much of his appearances in season one, he is shown on look out for any trespassers. Bellamy notes in Day Trip that the other Delinquents listen to him, implying that he has some leadership abilities.
Later, inside Mount Weather, he is shown to be very outspoken and quick-witted, unafraid to speak his mind and bluntly shares his opinions. During this time, he steps up from his previous minor role in the series and, albeit with some reluctance, works together with Monty, Jasper, Harper and Maya to find an exit and reunite with the Ark survivors.
In Season Three, Miller appears to be a loving boyfriend with Bryan. Despite working behind his back and lying to him, he still worries about him deeply and wouldn't want him to get hurt. Miller appears to have matured and become more responsible since joining the Guard, and he plays a key role in the War against Allie, participating in the final battle in Polis
His hatred towards the Grounders also appears to have eroded somewhat, as he sides with Kane during the Civil War and helps sneak medical supplies to Lincoln and the interned Grounders when they are imprisoned.
Physical Appearance Edit
Miller is a black male with dark brown eyes and a buzz cut. He has a strong build is often seen throughout the entirety of season one in his signature black beanie. In Season Two, Miller has grown out facial hair, and due to Mount Weather's strict policies, no longer wears his beanie.
Bellamy and Miller are friends. Miller is one of Bellamy's assistants and probably his second after the Murphy drama. He is also loyal toward Bellamy and holds high respect for him. Miller follows Bellamy's orders and Bellamy trusts him. During the battle in We Are Grounders (Part 2), a grounder pounces onto Bellamy and Miller shouts his name but is injured before he could help. After being separated, Miller is finally reunited with Bellamy in Resurrection and seems relieved to see him again.
- Main article: Monty and Miller
- "Hey, you're a great thief."
- - Monty to Miller[src]
After teaming up to find a way out of Mount Weather, Miller and Monty grow closer as friends. They are often shown together in scenes, and often direct most of their lines to one another. Monty compliments Miller in Long Into an Abyss, assuring him that he is a great thief to which Miller chuckles softly. In Remember Me, they play a card game together before being joined by Jasper and Maya to find out where Harper is. Later that episode, he is shown to be upset when Monty goes missing, implying he's concerned for the other. He later stands beside Monty as they prepare to fight back againstDr. Lorelei Tsing and the Mount Weather guards in Rubicon. And in Resurrection, he assists Monty with the trash shoot.
- "Miller realizes what a dick he is."
- - Jasper in reply to Monty's question, "What happens in 5 seconds?"[src]
Miller is shown to hold some sort of resentment towards Jasper, making snide remarks toward him and Maya and being open about his dislike for the way Jasper does things. Despite this, he continues to work alongside Jasper, and although he doesn't trust Jasper's new friend, Maya, he seems to have a sort of trust in Jasper. In Resurrection, he appears to have softened up to Jasper, consoling him when he becomes devastated that Fox is dragged off by the guards.
- "Look, you don't have to like me, Miller. Hey, you can blame me all you want for what my people are doing, but I'm trying to make things right."
- - Maya to Miller when he accuses of her of changing her mind.[src]
Miller appears to have a strong distrust and dislike for Maya, implying he holds her up with the other Mount Weather staff trying to kill the 47. She continues to help the group find a way out, although Miller doesn't hold back his animosity, often accusing her of working for the other team. However, in Resurrection, he assists Monty in trying to rescue Maya from the radiation leak, even making a comment to Monty that almost isn't good enough as Maya is running out of time, hinting that he may not hold much resentment towards her anymore.
- Main article: Nathan and David
Nathan appears to have a strong connection to his father, David Miller. His father is shown to be willing to break the law for his son, as he agrees to help Abby. They are later united in Mount Weather. They share a bravery in times of battle, shown in the season one and season two finale as a parallel between them both.
- Main article: Nathan and Bryan
Bryan is Miller's boyfriend, whom he was dating on the Ark. The two were separated when Miller was locked up in the Sky Box and then the Delinquents were sent to the ground. The two reunite on Earth when Farm Station survivors join Arkadia. The two share quarters at Arkadia and are both part of the Arkadia Guard.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Absent|
|His Sister's Keeper||Absent|
|Contents Under Pressure||Appears|
|I Am Become Death||Absent|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Absent|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Appears|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Appears|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Appears|
|The Four Horsemen||Appears|
|A Lie Guarded||Appears|
|The Tinder Box||Mentioned|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Absent|
- Numerous Grounders (shot during the The Woods Clan-Sky People Conflict)
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing (with Jasper, Monty, and Harper)
- 10 Mount Weather Guards (with the other Delinquents)
- A Mount Weather Guard (strangled to save Vincent Vie)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Nathan Miller may be descended from The Grounder Raine Miller.
- His father is a member of the Guard.
- Miller was the one to tell Diggs' mom, John Mbege's dad, and Roma Bragg's parents about their children's deaths.
- When breaking into Dante's office, Jasper said Miller is a thief, revealing why he was locked up and sent to the ground.
- Kim Shumway, one of the writers for the show, stated that Miller was somehow involved in Monty and Jasper's grow room on the Ark. Shumway wants to write a flashback webisode showing this and said it would involve Miller being "surprisingly awesome". This confirms that Miller knew Monty and Jasper prior to show's events and was possibly friends with them.
- Aaron Ginsburg, the supervising producer for the show, said that it is "safe to assume" that Miller knew Clarke on the Ark. They are the same age (making him about 17 or 18) and thus likely shared classes.
- Miller has been confirmed LGBT by a show writer, Kim Shumway. This makes him the fifth LGBT character on the show after Clarke, Lexa, Costia, and Niylah.
- Miller has appeared in 35 episodes, making him the most frequently recurring non-main character.
- It was revealed at Unity Day 2018 that Miller was not supposed to stay on the show as long as he has. At the end of Season 2, Jarod Joseph, who play Miller, was told that he would be sticking around and that there would be a big change to his character.
- Nathan, Raven Reyes, and Harper McIntyre are the only three characters who were introduced in Season One after "Pilot" who are known to be still alive.
|To edit this gallery, go to Nathan Miller/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
See Also Edit
- ↑ http://kimshum.tumblr.com/post/122181511331/hi-kim-i-was-wondering-if-you-might-be-able-to
- ↑ http://aaronginsburg.tumblr.com/post/123472408081/do-you-know-if-clarke-and-miller-knew-each-other
- ↑ https://twitter.com/kimshum/status/690357815345549312
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tbtmedia/status/955162345113731072