|“||Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim. (May we meet again)||”|
|— Lincoln's last words to Octavia Blake [src]|
Lincoln was a major character in the second and third seasons. He initially appeared as a recurring character in the first season. He was portrayed by starring cast member Ricky Whittle and debuted in Twilight's Last Gleaming.
Lincoln was a Trikru warrior who rescued Octavia Blake. The pair develop romantic feelings, and Lincoln helped the Delinquents multiple times, causing him to be viewed as a traitor to his people. He later was captured by the Mountain Men, and forced to become a Reaper, but with Delinquents and Octavia's assistance, he was rescued and overcame his addiction to the reaper drug.
After the fall of the Mountain Men, Lincoln resided in Arkadia, because the Commander placed a kill order on his head. After Charles Pike became Arkadia's new Chancellor, Lincoln was placed into lockup, as Pike saw all Grounders as enemies to the Sky People. Pike ordered his execution, as well as Kane's and Sinclair's. Kane and Sinclair escaped, but Lincoln remained behind when Pike threatened to kill the rest of the Grounders he had locked up. Pike grotesquely executed Lincoln by shooting him in the head, leaving his body behind in a puddle of mud. Octavia later returned to Arkadia and was able to give him a proper Trikru farewell. Lincoln was avenged when Octavia killed Pike in Perverse Instantiation (Part 2), after A.L.I.E.'s defeat.
Lincoln was a warrior from the Woods Clan. In his youth, he saw a small dropship come to earth from The Ark. He found a badly injured man inside but because he couldn't speak English yet, he couldn't ask the man what was wrong. He brought the man food and water for three days before finally telling his father. Lincoln was then made to kill the man by his father and was told that the world has always been trying to turn him into a monster.
Throughout the Series
Lincoln is very introverted, serious and hard working. He generally speaks when spoken to, and even then, he tends to speak as little as possible, choosing to be concise and direct. He is always thinking about survival and his duties to his people, whether it be Arkadia or the Woods Clan. Even under great stress, such as being tortured, finding out his village was attacked, being chased by reapers and attacked without provocation, Lincoln does not express any emotion. He rarely engages in recreation or humor of any sort, as he lets his own work dominate his life. He burdens himself with the well-being of Octavia, the Sky People and the Woods Clan, and always gets involved in major political issues.
Lincoln is a non-conformist, who always questioned the ways of the Woods Clan he grew up in and is willing to risk his own life to do what's right, even if it's against the traditions of his people. His non-conformist views drove him to betray the Woods Clan to help the Delinquents on multiple occasions and disobeying orders in favor of morality and altruism. Being both moral and rational, he seeks peace among his own people and the Sky People in spite of previous armed conflicts that have taken place and soured relations, which shows that he is a visionary who understands what needs to be done to ensure long-term prosperity.
Lincoln is a creative problem solver who engages in thinking in the long term. One example of this is creating a plan that involved attempting to flee to the coast to escape the armed conflict between the delinquents and Woods Clan. Another notable example involves a plan to pretend to be a reaper to infiltrate Mount Weather. He frequently assists Arkadia by providing insight to predict future events related to Arkadia - Woods Clan relations. Lincoln carries a book, which he uses to document what he sees and make maps.
Lincoln has brown skin, brown eyes, and a shaved head. He has a lean muscular build and has tribal tattoos on his head, back, chest, and arms.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Appears|
|His Sister's Keeper||Appears|
|Contents Under Pressure||Appears|
|I Am Become Death||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Mentioned|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Appears|
|Coup de Grâce||Mentioned|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Mentioned|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Appears|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Mentioned|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Mentioned|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Mentioned|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Absent|
|A Lie Guarded||Mentioned|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Flashback|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Mentioned|
|The Other Side||Absent|
- Unnamed Sky Man when he was a boy
- Vik who was supposed to execute Clarke and Finn
- A Reaper to distract the other Reapers in order to save Clarke and Finn
- Another Grounder who was being turned into a Reaper in Mount Weather
- A Camp Jaha Guard (with Reapers)
- Sgt. Scott (with Reapers)
- Cage Wallace
Notes and Trivia
- Lincoln has a collection of books in his cave including drawings of the Earth and the environment. This shows he has been scouting for the Woods Clan for a while. They also show that he is artistic.
- He has a map of the Reaper tunnels
- There are at least two drawings of Octavia Blake
- He drew the river monster and a nuclear explosion on his cave wall.
- He uses feathers for bookmarks
- There is a picture of the river serpent that attacked Octavia
- There are several images of the Mountain Men and the Reapers
- He drew a couple of pictures of the drop ship and has been keeping track of the Delinquents and their fatalities.
- He was the first indication that there are multiple Grounder factions on Earth.
- Lincoln is the first friendly Grounder presented on the show and first to be kind to the Sky People.
- Lincoln was named after the 'Lincoln Memorial', which ruins rest near Tondc village.
- After Human Trials, he became addicted to the red drug.
- In Long Into an Abyss, Lincoln is cured and is no longer a Reaper.
- In Survival of the Fittest, he is shown to continue to struggle with his addiction when he sacrifices Bellamy for another dose.
- He is also seen attempting to capture Atohl, another Grounder, in Rubicon to continue his addiction.
- In Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2), he resists the drug when Cage offers it to him and injects it into Cage instead.
- Lincoln was the first Grounder to reside in Arkadia. The second is Niylah.
- Lincoln was the first person to be executed under the Exodus Charter, the laws established by the Sky People for when they come to the ground.
- There is no stunt double for Lincoln's stunts. Ricky does the stunts himself.
- Lincoln was the first Grounder character credited as a Main Character and was the only Grounder on the main cast for two seasons.
- Lincoln was supposed to survive Season Three.
- Ricky Whittle claims he left The 100 because of bullying from Jason Rothenberg.
- Lincoln was still supposed to survive the season but the show-runner, Jason Rothenberg, decided to kill him off instead.
- Ricky returned for the episode, Demons, so Octavia could give Lincoln a proper Trikru farewell.
- First grounder to be main character, second is Roan and third is Echo.
- Lincoln is the third main character to be killed on The 100, first is Wells and second is Finn.
|To edit this gallery, go to Lincoln/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (27 Jun 2015) Tweet - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ File:Lincoln_penn.jpg
- ↑ Kira Snyder, tumblr, 2015
- ↑ CW Actor Ricky Whittle Claims He Left ‘The 100’ Because Of Bullying huffingtonpost, 04/06/2016.
- ↑ Ricky Whittle Says the Creator Bullied Him Off the Show, tvguide, Apr 6, 2016
- ↑ http://zap2it.com/2016/04/the-100-ricky-whittle-rips-jason-rothenberg-lincolns-death/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/The100writers/status/723329647593689088