|“||The decisions you face just whittle you down piece by piece.||”|
|— Jaha to Clarke|
Guest Starring Edit
- Monty: "Alpha Station survived for 97 years in space through elevated radiation levels and extreme temperature fluctuations. Sound familiar? All we have to do is patch up the ship. We're standing in our viable solution."
- Miller: "Why are you defending him? Pike was a dictator."
- Bryan: "He was an elected chancellor, and if you don't care about that, he kept me alive for 3 months."
- Miller: "Then why did you help us turn him over to the Grounders?"
- Bryan: "To save you, Nate."
- Jasper (to Monty): "If you want to cheer me up, while you're at Farm Station, get that weed we stashed behind the wall of your old bedroom."
- Jaha (to Clarke): "Heavy lies the crown. I know the burden of keeping a secret you think is going to destroy your people."
- Jaha (to Clarke): "We make the best decisions that we can with the information that we have, then hope that there's a forgiving God."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Clarke is shown looking at list of locations with population numbers:
|TonDC|| 70 children|
|Mana||40 children||100 ?|
|Xandria|| 6 children|
|Nadal|| 20 children|
- Bryan says that Tybe killed Monty's father. Instead of taking the kill himself, Monty frees the slaves, allowing them to kill Tybe.
Body Count Edit
- Wilia, and Ilian's brother and father - tortured by a chipped Ilian (flashback).
- Rafel, the Trishanakru ambassador – assassinated by Octavia.
- Several Azgeda slavers at Farm Station – killed in the explosion of the hydro-generator done by Bellamy, Monty, Bryan, Harper and Nathan.
- Dakiva, a warrior
- Tybe, the Azgeda slavers' chief – beaten to death by the slaves, including Riley.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- The opening scene with Ilian was originally supposed to be for "Echoes" but for timing reasons, they moved it to "Heavy Lies the Crown".
- Bob Morley joked that he wished Bellamy said his opinion first when the group was debating on whether to free the slaves or not, so he wouldn't have the pressure of breaking the tie.
- The episode title is a common misquote of the line "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown", from Shakespeare's play Henry IV, Part 2. It was picked because it sound better.
| || || || |
|I Don't Like Mondays||Loudmouth||Boomtown Rats||Purchase|
See Also Edit