|“||How do we tell these people that the world is ending after everything they've been through?||”|
|— Clarke to Bellamy|
Echoes is the first episode of the fourth season of The 100. It is the forty-sixth episode of the series overall. It aired on February 1, 2017. It was written by Jason Rothenberg and directed by Dean White.
The "celebration" after defeating A.L.I.E. is short lived, as Clarke confides in Bellamy about A.L.I.E.'s warning of the nuclear power plants melting down and the human race surviving only six more months. Meanwhile, the people of Polis are left dealing with the dead from the battle, as well as, those those tortured and killed by A.L.I.E.'s commands. In addition, the people Lexa killed to protect Clarke in the City of Light are also dead. The Grounders blame Skaikru for all of this.
Echo leads the Ice Nation warriors to take command of the city on behalf of the unconscious King Roan. In order to stop Echo from massacring Skaikru, Clarke and Abby sneak in to treat Roan for the bullet wound. Sensing trouble, Murphy and Emori run away from everyone together.
When Roan awakens, Echo attempts to convince him to kill Clarke. However, Clarke convinces Roan that Praimfaya is coming again and trades the Flame for Roan to honor Lexa's Coalition, including Skaikru as the thirteenth clan.
Later, Roan announces to the people of Polis that until a Nightblood is found, that he will be the caretaker of the throne and keeper of the Flame. Furthermore, he states that he will honor Lexa's Coalition and that "an attack against Skaikru is an attack against us all". Before Clarke and Bellamy leave Polis, Echo gives them Roan's Seal which should allow them safe passage through Ice Nation.
Guest Starring Edit
- Clarke: "She won't be charged, everyone will say that Pike had it coming."
- Bellamy: "Maybe we all do."
- Bellamy: "We didn't survive this long just to let a little radiation take us out."
- Clarke: "Thank you. For keeping me alive."
- Bellamy: "You don't make it easy."
- Jasper: "Sorry about the... you know..."
- Harper: "Smashing my face into the wall or pistol whipping me?"
- Jasper: "Can I plead the chip?"
- Raven: "You ok?"
- Jasper: "Are you? You've been through more than anyone.
- Raven: "There's nothing like a little pain to remind you you're alive."
- Jasper: "Wish I'd got an upgrade."
- Echo: "Because of them, your rightful commander Ontari is dead! This imposter stole her flame."
- Kane: No! Wanheda saved us! All of us! Grounder and Skaikru!
- Echo: There would've been nothing to save us from if not for you.
- Indra: "When you destroyed the City of Light, there were a thousand Azgeda warriors inside the city of Polis."
- Octavia: "Good timing."
- Clarke: "Nuclear reactors that survived the bombs are melting down. Radiation levels are already rising. If we can't figure out a way to fix it, all of us will be dead in six months."
- Kane: "ALIE told you this?"
- Clarke: "Yes."
- Abby: "And you believe her?"
- Bellamy: "Raven's looking into it."
- Clarke: "I believe her."
- Jaha: "Ontari belongs with her people."
- Indra: "I didn’t agree to give them guns."
- Murphy: "Well that’s probably because you’re not an idiot."
- Murphy [deciding to leave, seeing Bellamy trying to negotiate with Echo] Sorry, Bellamy.
- Echo: "Guns on the ground or he [Bellamy] dies!"
- Indra: "We disarm, we die."
- Kane: "Abby will come through. Do what she says. Guns on the ground, now."
- Octavia: "No we have to go or we'll bleed out."
- Roan: "It's always something with you, isn't it?"
- Clarke: "Roan, we need your help."
- Roan: "Well, this should be good."
- Roan: "Today, the City of Light has fallen. And there is no Commander left to rule us. Until another Nightblood ascends, I, King Roan of Azgeda, eldest son of Queen Nia, grandson of Theo, and caretaker of the throne and keeper of the flame."
- Octavia: "If either of you screw this up, we die. No pressure."
- Kane: "You turn the page. You turn the page and you don't look back. You do better today than you did yesterday, you understand? Before you know it, you'll deserve to survive."
- Bellamy: "I hope so."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- An article titled "Contact Lost With Asteroid Mining Penal Colony" from the West Coast Herald can be seen on one of Raven's monitors as she explains 2048 nuclear reactor technology to Jasper and Monty. This is the first mention of humans living in space farther out than Earth orbit.
Body Count Edit
Behind the Scenes Edit
| || || || |
|No Matter Where We Go||Light Upon the Lake||Whitney||Purchase|
See Also Edit
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|