|“|| Bellamy: What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm- I'm sorry.
Murphy: You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... Then, I want you to die.
|— Murphy rejecting Bellamy's apology [src]|
Bellamy and Murphy is the relationship between Bellamy Blake and John Murphy. They are portrayed by starring cast member Bob Morley and starring cast member Richard Harmon and début in the first episode of Season One.
Originally a friendship turned enemy relationship, as season 2 starts, Murphy begins to redeem himself in the eyes of Bellamy and the two become friends once again with Murphy even saving Bellamy's life at one point.
They do not interact in Season Three until Perverse Instantiation (Part 1) where Bellamy and Murphy are reunited in Polis. After Murphy saves Bellamy's life, they team up to save Clarke and stop A.L.I.E..
Bellamy and Murphy first meet in Pilot when Bellamy recruits Murphy and John Mbege to help him get the Delinquents to remove their wristbands. Bellamy trusts Murphy enough to leave him in charge of The Camp while he goes hunting in Earth Kills. In Murphy's Law, when Murphy is accused of killing Wells (he was also seen attempting to kill Jasper) and the crowd tries to lynch him, Bellamy kicks the stool out from under him. After Charlotte is revealed to be the murderer and commits suicide due to Murphy's attempt at revenge, Bellamy and Clarke banish him. A tortured Murphy returns to the Camp in I Am Become Death, carrying hemorrhagic fever with him. After Murphy helps tend the sick and with the Grounders set to attack the Camp, Bellamy allows Murphy to stay, giving Murphy the opportunity to murder the two people who hanged him before (Connor and Myles). He takes Bellamy hostage in We Are Grounders (Part 1) and forces Bellamy to tie his own noose and hang it around his neck. Murphy is interrupted and flees the Camp before Bellamy can get to him.
At the start of Season Two Bellamy and Murphy are reunited in The 48 when Bellamy brings Kane to the drop ship where Murphy is holed up with an injured Raven. When Bellamy sees Murphy, he tries to beat him to death for hanging him and shooting Raven but Kane stops Bellamy and arrests them both. They are then locked up together in the Camp Jaha stockade in Inclement Weather. Murphy relates to Bellamy how he was tortured by the Grounders for three days as they listen to Raven's screams while she undergoes surgery without anesthesia. When Finn frees Bellamy to go after the missing Delinquents, Bellamy frees Murphy to take with them because Murphy knows where a Grounder camp is at. Murphy leads them to the Grounder camp in Reapercussions and helps Bellamy capture Delano for information on the missing Delinquents. In Many Happy Returns, they come across Mel, a girl from Factory Station, and Bellamy goes down to save her after Sterling's failed attempt. Murphy saves Bellamy's life at one point when the rope breaks. When Bellamy heads back to camp with Octavia, he is trusting enough of Murphy to give him a gun as Murphy goes off with Finn. In Spacewalker, when Raven wants to give Murphy up to the Grounders instead of Finn, Bellamy defends him. Murphy and Bellamy both leave Camp Jaha in Survival of the Fittest and go their separate ways with Murphy headed to the City of Light and Bellamy headed to Mount Weather.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Perverse Instantiation (Part 1), Murphy and Bellamy meet again in Polis, having not seen each other in over a season and a half. Murphy, with Pike and Indra, saves Bellamy from being taken to be tortured by A.L.I.E. and her minions. Murphy plans to flee Polis but Bellamy manages to convince him to stay and help him save Clarke. Together, they get on an elevator that leads to the Commander's throne room where Clarke is. In the elevator, Bellamy asks why Murphy is in Polis to which Murphy responds that Bellamy is not the only one there to try to save someone he cares about. During their trip to the throne room, they fight off chipped Grounders and Sky People. They arrive just in time to shoot Jaha, stopping from causing more harm to Ontari and saving Abby from hanging herself. After freeing Clarke, Bellamy and Murphy learn that Ontari is brain dead and that she is no longer useful to take the Flame.
In Perverse Instantiation (Part 2), Bellamy and Murphy work alongside to assist Clarke into entering the City of Light and fighting off the A.L.I.E's chipped minions from getting to Clarke. While Murphy assists Abby in making sure that Clarke's journey into the City of Light is safe, Bellamy works to keep the throne room safe from A.L.I.E. and her minions.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Murphy was the one to start a gang with John Mbege until Bellamy came and took it over.
- Murphy became his second-in-command.
- Bellamy hanged Murphy in Murphy's Law and Murphy hanged Bellamy in We Are Grounders (Part 1).
- So far, Murphy has tried to kill Bellamy once and Bellamy has attempted to kill Murphy three times.
- Their friendship ended in Murphy's Law when Bellamy kicked the stool out from under Murphy, hanging him. After Charlotte commits suicide, Bellamy almost beats Murphy to death before he and Clarke agree on banishing Murphy instead.
- Bellamy gives Murphy a second chance in I Am Become Death.
- Murphy tries to hang Bellamy in We Are Grounders (Part 1) before escaping the Camp.
- Bellamy tries to beat Murphy to death in The 48 but is stopped by Kane.
- Bellamy gives Murphy another chance in Inclement Weather when he takes Murphy with him to help find the missing Delinquents.
- Murphy saved Bellamy when the rope broke and was the only one able to hold on in Many Happy Returns.
- Murphy saved Bellamy when the latter was taken to be tortured in the throne room by A.L.I.E.'s minions in Perverse Instantiation (Part 1).
- Bellamy saved Murphy by shooting a chipped Sky Person who was strangling the latter in Perverse Instantiation (Part 1).
- Bellamy defended Murphy when Raven wanted to give him to the Grounders instead of Finn in Spacewalker
See Also Edit