|“||...The goal isn't everything, A.L.I.E. How you reach the goal matters, too. I'm sorry that I didn't teach you that.||”|
|— Becca, to A.L.I.E. [src]|
Becca was a scientist who in 2051 creating A.L.I.E.. Fearing A.L.I.E., she decided to continue her research in space on her space station Polaris. In addition to A.L.I.E., she created the Nightblood serum and a second version of the AI. Later, Becca escaped Polaris just before it was destroyed and descended to Earth to become the first Commander.
The Commanders that come after her are also referred to as "Heirs of Bekka Pramheda" which indicates that she died. Moreover, it has been confirmed that there can only be a new Commander when the current has died.
Early Life Edit
Not much is known about Becca's early life. At some point, she and Chris began working on the A.I. known as A.L.I.E.. She also developed Nightblood for the Eligius Mining Company. At 26, she found a pathway to access a human mind. That same year, in 2051, she had to lock up A.L.I.E. because her answer for what was wrong with the world was too many people.
A year later, on May 10, 2052, Becca was aboard Polaris, trying to perfect A.L.I.E. 2.0, when A.L.I.E. caused the nuclear apocalypse. Two years later, on October 1, 2054, the thirteen surviving space stations were coming together to form the Ark. However, when Commander Cole McAdams found out about A.L.I.E. 2.0, he ordered Becca to destroy it. Becca refused and instead implanted the AI within herself. Moments before Alpha Station blows up Polaris, Becca uses an escape-pod to descend to Earth.
Becca landed not far from the Second Dawn Bunker in the rubble of a city which would later become Polis. She was met by several cult members wearing hazmat suits. Even though she offered them the Nightblood serum, the cult decided to kill her by burning her at the stake, on the orders of Bill Cadogan.
Throughout the Series Edit
In The Other Side, Raven is still halluncinating Becca and she's still trying to "help" Raven, while Raven halluncinates someone else, Jacapo Sinclair. Sinclair tapes Becca's mouth shut and ties her to a chair. Sinclair convinces Raven that Becca is the bad part of her brain.
Becca was very intelligent, creating two A.I., one of which was a neural implant, as well as the Nightblood serum. She appeared to be kind and understanding. When A.L.I.E. ended the world, Becca was guilt-ridden. She believed her A.L.I.E. 2.0 research was necessary for human survival and was willing risk everyone lives on Polaris to protect her own technology.
Physical Appearance Edit
Becca is slender with an average built. She has a tan complexion, dark brown eyes, and black hair.
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Absent|
|Terms and Conditions||Absent|
|Join or Die||Absent|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Mentioned|
|A Lie Guarded||Mentioned|
|The Tinder Box||Mentioned|
|We Will Rise||Mentioned|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Mentioned|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Absent|
|The Warriors Will||Flashback|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Absent|
- A.L.I.E.: "As you know, I didn't think I needed an avatar; you did. Why not my creator?"
- Becca: "Please state your core command."
- A.L.I.E.: "My core command is to make life better."
- Becca: "How would you do that?"
- A.L.I.E.: "By fixing the root problem."
- Becca: "What is the root problem, A.L.I.E.?"
- A.L.I.E.: "Too many people."
- -- on a 2051 video in Wanheda (Part 1)
- Becca: Define "perverse instantiation."
- A.L.I.E.: Perverse instantiation... the implementation of a benign final goal through deleterious methods unforeseen by a human programmer.
- Becca: Like killing 6.5 billion people to solve overpopulation. The goal isn't everything, A.L.I.E. How you reach the goal matters, too. I'm sorry that I didn't teach you that.
- -- Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)
- Becca: Cadogan please! You're making a mistake. I can save you! I can save all of you! With my serum, you don't have to live in the bunker anymore! The Flame can change everything! You think he's saving you, but he's killing you.
- -- 'The Warriors Will'
Killed Victims Edit
- Most of the human population (unintentionally and indirectly)
- Crew of the Polaris (indirectly)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Becca was 26 years old when she found a pathway to the human mind and 27 when the Earth was destroyed.
- The infinity sign is the corporate logo of Becca's company that created both A.L.I.E. and A.L.I.E. 2.0.
- The avatar adopted by A.L.I.E. was made in the image of its creator.
- Becca's genetic treatment turned the blood black and was the genesis of the Nightblood.
- She was the first Nightblood Commander.
- The code in Becca's journal is in the programming language Julia, according to two of Julia's co-founders.
- At some point, Becca conducted research in her lab with a radiation chamber in an effort to find a cure for cancer.
- Becca created A.L.I.E. but realized that there was a fault in the coding. A.L.I.E. scared Becca when the AI stated that it intended to fix the "root problem" which was "too many people".
- Gaia mentions that Becca is buried in the Second Dawn Bunker.
- Her company designed most of the tech on the space stations that made up the Ark.
|To edit this gallery, go to Becca/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
See Also Edit