Life and CareerEdit
Porter's film and TV resume stretches back to 1992's Leopold/Loeb New Queer Cinema feature, Swoon. She played Letecia Barris on the series Prison Break and also appeared as Ricky in the film adaptation of Ruben Santiago-Hudson's Lackawanna Blues for HBO. Her Broadway debut came in 2001 with the Roundabout Theater's revival of The Women, directed by Scott Elliott, and broadcast as part of PBS's Stage on Screen series. She also appeared in many significant off-Broadway and regional theater plays. Prior to her work on HBO's hit television series True Blood where she plays Lettie Mae Thornton, mother to Rutina Wesley's Tara Thorton, Porter spent two seasons as housekeeper Gwen Walker on NBC's American Dreams.
For full filmography, see IMDb.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- She is a first generation American; her father was born and spent his youth in Sierra Leone, Africa, while her mother was born in Bermuda.
- Porter spends most of her spare time chasing after her two children. She splits her time between Los Angeles and New York.
- Adina Porter on IMDb
- Adina Porter on Wikipedia
- Porter Adina Porter on Twitter @Adina Porter
- Adinaporter.com official website.